My guitar input jack for my Washburn X200 PROV went loose a few times but now I can't find that circular washer. I have the hexagonal nut however. So I was wondering where I could get the washer and also how would I go about fixing it? I read something about applying Loctite but where do I apply it and where exactly do I put the washer and nut. I believe the hexagonal nut is on the outside though. But I'm not sure where I put the other one.
Find a washer that the inside hole fits the threads of the jack tight, it's wider than the hexagon nut. Put loctite on the threads of the jack, then put the washer on, then the hexagon nut. Tighten enough so it doesn't twist or wiggle, then tighten a little more.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
So I unscrew the jack plate (where I insert my cable into) then I put Loctite all over the tip of the jack, then I throw the washer on it. Then I put the jack plate back on and screw it in, and I grab the hexagonal nut and I put it on and twist? I'm sure I said something wrong :P But that's what I think I should do... Unless I put the nut directly on top of the washer? But that doesn't sound right.
So I just unscrewed the jack plate and I found a small ring nestled under the jack (I think it's a washer) where the inside pattern almost looks like a star or flower because there are several little prong looking things sticking into the inner circle of the jack. Is that the washer I'd be looking for?
If your guitar's input jack comes loose that easily,you should probably go out and get a new hex nut. I had this same problem with one of my guitars - must have been a defective nut from the factory.
Well actually I never used a washer when putting it back so maybe that's why
Also, there appears to already be a hexagonal nut on the jack. I think the other hex nut I have is for the tip? I'm not really sure. Also, do I throw the ring looking thing I described earlier right on top of the nut that's already glued to the jack?

EDIT: and looking even closer, I think I see a washer on the bottom of the jack. I don't know now lol.
Last edited by scarhawk at Apr 27, 2011,
I'd say, go to your local hardware store. Those washers should only be about 10-20 cents max. Alot better than moving things around.
And btw, I wouldn't move the "ruffled" looking washer on the opposite side. It could leave indentations in your hardware, making the screws alot harder to keep tight.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
I'd say, go to your local hardware store. Those washers should only be about 10-20 cents max. Alot better than moving things around.
And btw, I wouldn't move the "ruffled" looking washer on the opposite side. It could leave indentations in your hardware, making the screws alot harder to keep tight.

Crap already removed it. And yeah I got a whole bunch of washers today. But I don't know what to do with them
If you have two nuts(boy that sounded wrong) on each side of the jack plate(even worse), take the jack plate out and tighten then against eachother, so they dont come loose. If you have only one, get a lockwasher and put it on the inner side and tighten it.
So basically I stack the 2 hex nuts on top of each other and tighten them? Because the hex nut already on the jack is near the outer tip that points toward me not the bottom of it. So if I throw another hex nut on there it will land right on top of the other one.
It is amazing what a drop of nail polish or locktite can do.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
So I put nail polish on on top of the hex nut already on and throw my other hex nut on it? If so, what do I do next? Also what use do I have for the ruffled looking washer I took out :P
Quote by scarhawk
So basically I stack the 2 hex nuts on top of each other and tighten them? Because the hex nut already on the jack is near the outer tip that points toward me not the bottom of it. So if I throw another hex nut on there it will land right on top of the other one.

on top of eachother with the jackplate between them. And you have to tighten them against eachother, so the jackplate gets squeezed between them.
How exactly do I put the nut on the outside of the jack plate on though? Do I glue it? This isn't a Fender style jack plate btw. Should the jack be coming out of the jackplate too? Because I don't think that's possible because the jack plate hole isn't big enough.

Also the jack still works. I stuck the cable through it and turned on my amp and it's working. But how do I get the jack to stop wobbling around. I didn't place any of the hex nuts though, I just wanted to see if it worked.
Last edited by scarhawk at Apr 27, 2011,
1. take everything off from the threaded part of the jack
2. put the first hex nut on it.
3. put the lock washer on if you have one
4. put the jackplate on it
5. put the second hex nut on it

then you tighten the bottom nut counterclockwise, and the top one clockwise, so the jackplate gets squeezed beetween them.
Is the lock washer the ruffled looking washer? Also how am I supposed to rotate the nut inside?
Just ordered the blue 242 Loctite. I think that's the best one for this purpose.
K so I put Loctite on it and let it dry and now when ever I plug in my cable I get a ridiculously loud buzzing sound. I'm screwed. I guess I gotta take it to the only decent guitar shop here, Guitar center. Unless... there's a solution lol.
Quote by Robfreitag
BTW, its an output jack...

troll dude. wuddadouche.

anyways...

chances are that youll have to go to your local hardware store to pick up a washer or two....i believe someone else previously said that. they shouldnt cost more than a buck or two.

although im not familiar with Washburns, you may have to fully remove the jack. If there is a plastic cover on the back of the guitar, youll have to remove that to access the guitars input.

hope this helps man.
How many wires should be soldered onto the the metal parts of a jack? I think there should be 2, but I only have 1 now. Because I seem molten looking metal which leads me to believe it was a solder point.
Guitar Center wants 25 bucks to fix it up. You think it's worth it?
Last edited by scarhawk at May 6, 2011,