Hi all,

I have a Vox AC15CC1 that hasn't been working too well lately. It has very little sound output (turning the master volume does hardly anything). Turning up the top boost channel creates the distortion that I'd expect, but again, it isn't amplified too much. When playing notes, the volume goes in and out with a crackling, popping noise.

I have changed all the tubes - it had no effect.

I tried running my AC4 through the speaker and I got the same sound that I've been experiencing. THis leads me to believe that there is something wrong with the speaker.

Before I go out and buy a new speaker, is there anything I can do to test/fix my current Wharfdale speaker?

Thanks!
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal
Make sure you are running enough power into the amp. Not a common problem, but I've experienced that before. Other than that you may want to take it to an amp tech and see if they can fully diagnose a problem before you buy a new speaker.
If it's creative, true to your musical goal, and it sounds good, put it in the song.

1. Guitar, delay, verb, amp, and creativity.
2. Well-tuned acoustic piano and creativity.
3. A bottle of water.
Update: I brought my amp down to my local shop and played it through a different speaker. Worked perfectly. I bought a new speaker and installed it and it sounds GREAT! PROBLEM SOLVED!
GEAR

VOX AC15 / AC4
Fender MIM Sunburst Strat
epiphone les paul custom in white
Yamaha FG730s
The Tweak-O fuzz pedal