Hey guys, today I found something new (to me) at a pawn shop. Its a Morgan Monroe acoustic bass. Its in freaking flawless condition, and is already set up well, it just needs new strings (yes!). Even with the old, nasty strings, it still had a lovely growly tone, and easily competed with one guitar (I could probably overdo it if I slapped hard, with light strings non less!). In short, I love this thing. They were asking $569 USD for it, which I'm not gonna pay, considering it sells for $400-$500 new with a case, and, I don't want an acoustic enough to pay quite that much.

Problem is, I've never heard of Morgan Monroe before today.

So, those with experience, please tell me what you think of them.

Now, enough talk, pics!

Thanks to my guitarist for holding it

Also, here's the website for the model: http://

Thanks in advance, guys
Gear:

Yamaha RBX 550

Hartke Model 5000

Quote by the humanity
unless you are 21st level, you are not having epic problems.
My first electric bass was a Morgan Monroe "Viking" bass, which I've loved since the day I got her, it doesn't have the best sounding pups in the world, but they're not bad, and in my opinion it's got an extermely comfortable neck and she's built like a tank, so I'm definitely a fan of the brand. I've never had any experience with their acoustic basses though.
Last edited by Final at Apr 27, 2011,
Looks cool. Assuming you buy it, HNBD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Thanks for the input guys, I just may buy it soon. I guess we'll see what happens
Gear:

Yamaha RBX 550

Hartke Model 5000

Quote by the humanity
unless you are 21st level, you are not having epic problems.