What do you do when you want to stay up but you have commitments the next day?

I have a problem where each day I want to stay up a few hours later then the next, there's a name for it but I dont remember what it is. Sometimes it doesn't affect my life but very often it does. I just wish I could sleep when I wanted and stay awake when I wanted, I could have the most productive life ever like that. But that's not the way it works, I miss appointments all the time and am way to tired to be productive sometimes. Why can't I just do what I need to do? Why do we have to conform to societies ideals? And why is society not more accepting of the people who are different?
I usually stay awake until I feel tired enough to sleep. It's bad enough not being able to sleep when you want, but sitting in bed both bored and awake sucks ultimate ass.

Also, caffeine.
poop
Quote by mizxou
I have a problem where each day I want to stay up a few hours later then the next, there's a name for it but I dont remember what it is. Sometimes it doesn't affect my life but very often it does. I just wish I could sleep when I wanted and stay awake when I wanted, I could have the most productive life ever like that. But that's not the way it works, I miss appointments all the time and am way to tired to be productive sometimes. Why can't I just do what I need to do? Why do we have to conform to societies ideals? And why is society not more accepting of the people who are different?

Forced Insomnia. Also, stop posting and go to sleep.
KLH & KGB
11/28/09
i dont sit in bed bored, its just sometimes i dont feel like sleeping until 4am but I have to get up at 6am...it messes with me bad
During school holidays, if I have no plans, I just start going to bed later and later, to the point were instead of sleeping from 11:30 pm to 7:30 am, im sleeping from 4 am to 12 pm. When it gets to this point I just pull and all nighter to reset my body clock to get back into a normal rhythm.
Quote by mizxou
i dont feel like sleeping until 4am but I have to get up at 6am...it messes with me bad

It would be a real problem if you just can't sleep. Since you choose not to sleep, don't complain about being tired the next day.
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
There's no way i can go to sleep, I woke up at 3pm(est) and dont have an appointment until 4pm tomorrow, and I'm not posting that much
Quote by Attenuare
It would be a real problem if you just can't sleep. Since you choose not to sleep, don't complain about being tired the next day.

it is a real problem because I seriously cant sleep until im tired
Quote by mizxou
There's no way i can go to sleep, I woke up at 3pm(est) and dont have an appointment until 4pm tomorrow, and I'm not posting that much

So wake up earlier..
A callous exterior isn't an uncommon way of protecting ideals; it hides the idealists from the derision of fools and cowards. But it also immobilizes them, so that, in trying to preserve their ideals, they risk losing them.
Quote by mizxou
it is a real problem because I seriously cant sleep until im tired

Seriously, have you tried forcing yourself to sleep?

You must not do alot during the day if you're not tired by nightfall.
Last edited by Attenuare at Apr 27, 2011,
Try to put your alarm on at an early time when you sleep late so you're more tired throughout the day. It works for me sometimes.
STಠ_ಠ
Sodium Pentathol brah. Dangerous, but it works.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
Two chicks at the same time, Ts.

Quote by Gabel
You are EXTREMELY WRONG! I have played it. I own an 18W and it would be an awful stereo amp, it's way too bright, breaks up too easily and so on. Secondly, why would a guitar store sell an hifi amp.
I can't sleep until I'm tired, either. But if that means I'm up late and have to get up early, so be it, that's my problem... and apparently yours, too
start running at 7pm and youll be able to sleep
or as I used to live my life
"A Blunt a day keeps insomnia away"
If I have done some heavy weight lifting a few hours before I go to bed, I need to stay in bed and try to fall asleep since, I really don't feel like moving at all.
Running has the opposite effect on me - energy overload!
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."