what's that china looking cymbal the drummer is using? i mean that closed hihat-like sounding one... never really asked Barrett himself for some reason, but now i can't reach him at all lol

here's the vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fImB2KvGqPc

oh and im looking for samples actually so if anybody can give me the name of the thing or even the samples that'd be awesome

thanx
I don't know if there's some kind of special word, but that's just a little china. Looks like a wuhan to my eyes. Guitar center sells them for like 20 bucks.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
yeah you shouldnt have told the pit to rape your mom.

Quote by Kensai
It's not sexist, girls are just too stupid and weak to hold up doors and stuff for themselves.
Yeah definitely wuhan. Probably s-series but can't remember off the top of my head.

Would say it's just the 12" or 14" china. Most probably 12" 'cause it looks smaller than hi hats.

edit: it sounds great though no matter what it is

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Last edited by Mr. La Fritz at Apr 27, 2011,
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
Yeah definitely wuhan. Probably s-series but can't remember off the top of my head.

Would say it's just the 12" or 14" china. Most probably 12" 'cause it looks smaller than hi hats.

edit: it sounds great though no matter what it is

exactly! that sound is just awesome...

eh couldnt find anything good i guess but i got this sample library for cymbals from some forum... it's 426mb, i'll see if i can scavenge anything close to that!
Yeah, it's just a mini china from what I can tell, I think he has it clamped down really tight which might give it that staccato sound (I assume this just because when he hits it, it doesn't move at all haha), otherwise I'd guess it was a stack cymbal from just the sound of it.
My guess is a 12" china with a 10" splash on top creating a stack!
no im pretty sure it is a stack maybe an 8" instead of the 10" so it fits inside the concave of the china.