im after a simple solution to record my guitar. currently i have to use the voice recorder on my phone!just after somethint that will record into mp3 and i can play back on my pc
what is your budget and what kind of standards are you going to want to meet? You can get a line6 toneport for 60 bucks, and that's what I use for all of my recordings, it works brilliantly
download logic and guitarrig...and buy a cheap interface...there you go
Quote by jamestheace
does the toneport allow you to use the tone from your amp?

No. It is "amp modeling software". It basically uses digital guitar tones. You may have to buy their guitar tone packs though, cause the distortion mostly suck...but you can make a great sounding one.
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
Hey James

CoreysMonster does have a wicked idea. Exactly what my brother does and he loves it. However I love my amp and everything about it so consider this solution as well.
Lexicon Alpha. Pick em up for about AU$130.

They are a cheap bit of kit as in plasticky. But as far as sound quality goes they're top notch. Also latency (a recording term for signal to computer lag) is very low which is what you want. The main advantage of spending just a bit more up front is the amp plugs straight in to the Lexi and you have headphone out to listen and USB out to record. Also has a 2nd input in for a mic or another instrument later on. Just like anything it really will depend on what you want to do with it. A toneport is great if you just want the signal and do all the effects on the computer. Remember you're probably going to end up buying effects anyway.

I just know that I like the feel of playing with pedals and amp settings while I jam, not doing it all on the PC later. But as I always learnt, GO TRY SOME IN SHOPS or FRIENDS!!! Then go with what you really like the feel of because you'll use it more if you do.

Good luck with your recording
Ultimate Guitar

Body
Warmoth custom strat with quilt maple top on alder
Finish
Black to blue dye burst with white pinstripe and gloss black back
Gear
Gotoh TOM with string through body and SD Rails wired to split using push pull pots.
Sorry just thought I'd throw you some links to check it out if you wish

Ebay

Online Store
Ultimate Guitar

Body
Warmoth custom strat with quilt maple top on alder
Finish
Black to blue dye burst with white pinstripe and gloss black back
Gear
Gotoh TOM with string through body and SD Rails wired to split using push pull pots.
thanks dude! that looks like what im looking for! how do i connect my amp to it? cheers
Quote by jamestheace
thanks dude! that looks like what im looking for! how do i connect my amp to it? cheers

You don't.

Connecting your amp straight to your PC is usually something that leads to shitty guitar sounds (especially if you have a shit amp)
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp