So I've decided to buy a pedal after 3 years with using my Marshall MG15CDR (Which has a very bad tone), I first thought of getting the Marshall amp Class 5, but it's too expensive. So I decided to get a pedal, but since there are sooo many pedals out there, I'm very unsure about what to get, so do any of you know any pedals that:

- Has price range 200-300$ (Or something like that)

- Has a cool crunchy tone, like a mix of Jimmy Page and Slash's tone (So yeah, rock n' roll)

- Is easy to use

Help very much appreciated!
A new pedal isn't really going to fix your tone problem if you're putting it infront of the MG.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
A new pedal isn't really going to fix your tone problem if you're putting it infront of the MG.

So... It would be wiser to get a new amp?
You could get yourself a nice new (well... Used) amp for that price dude
Quote by Spaztikko
Imagine the part of the ballsack where occasionally old poo sticks to the pubes and hardens, and you then have to pull out, but as an amp. That's an MG.

Greatest quote of all time?

I think so...
in your case i would find a second hand lil tube amp like a fender blues jr. and get an overdrive pedal. if you want to keep the mg15 then buy a ts808 or satriani satcherator
Quote by MickAlmighty
You could get yourself a nice new (well... Used) amp for that price dude

Gonna pay more for a new amp tho :P Have to save up for the Class 5 then I guess
Quote by Evenafe
So... It would be wiser to get a new amp?

IMO yes, it would be. If you answer the following questions we can recommend you some nice affordable amps.

Budget?
Current Gear?
Genres?
New/used?
Location/Closest Major City?
Gigging?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
IMO yes, it would be. If you answer the following questions we can recommend you some nice affordable amps.

Budget?
Current Gear?
Genres?
New/used?
Location/Closest Major City?
Gigging?

Exactly. Pedals (IMO) are not there to solve your tone problems. If you don't get a tone from your amp you're happy with - no $100 distortion/fuzz box is gonna get it for you.
They are there for a few uses here and there (unless you're on a single channel amp). The only other exception to this is using an OD in hi-gain music. But you're 'base'/primary sound shouldn't be coming from your stompboxes.
Budget - 500$-700$

Current Gear - Les Paul Epiphone

Genres - Rock (Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses & Aerosmith)

New/used - New

Location/Closest Major City - Live in a little town in Norway, closest city that sells gear is 1hr boat ride from where I live.

Gigging - I play mostly in my room, but jam in a basement with friends from time to time (So max 15 watt)
Last edited by Evenafe at Apr 27, 2011,
Ok, I don't know if these are available to you, if you could link me to a guitar gear website that you can order from that'd be great, but anyway, here's what I'd recommend for that.

Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox AC15cc1
Peavey Classic 30 (30 watts, but two channel/ master volume, so not a problem)
Jet City JCA20H and matching cab
Crate V/Palomino Series
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Night Train
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Major Sparky
Ok, I don't know if these are available to you, if you could link me to a guitar gear website that you can order from that'd be great, but anyway, here's what I'd recommend for that.

Blackheart Handsome Devil
Vox AC15cc1
Peavey Classic 30 (30 watts, but two channel/ master volume, so not a problem)
Jet City JCA20H and matching cab
Crate V/Palomino Series
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Night Train

Well, the site is in Norwegian, but I think you'll manage to find out what is what 'cuz you'll see the name of the amp brands pretty easily:

http://www.gitarhuset.no

And thanks a bunch for listing those amps, will find demos of them ;D
Just a word of advice, i used to be a "only buy new" kind of guy myself, but the discount you can get on some near perfect gear just by buying used it pretty great. Even if an amp isnt worn that hard you can get a few hundred off easy. Keep it in mind.
Quote by Sickness5080
Just a word of advice, i used to be a "only buy new" kind of guy myself, but the discount you can get on some near perfect gear just by buying used it pretty great. Even if an amp isnt worn that hard you can get a few hundred off easy. Keep it in mind.

The problem is he might not be in a place that has a lot of used gear, like he said the nearest guitar store is an hour away.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by Sickness5080

True that, guess I'm just afraid that the gear might be broken tho
Quote by Major Sparky
The problem is he might not be in a place that has a lot of used gear, like he said the nearest guitar store is an hour away.

right thats why used isnt the only way to go, but if you can save 200-400 by driving for a couple hours, might be worth it.
Quote by Major Sparky

Well I won't actually buy at that shop at all (It's really expensive), so I will probs buy an amp through the internet.
Quote by Evenafe
Well I won't actually buy at that shop at all (It's really expensive), so I will probs buy an amp through the internet.

make sure to buy from somewhere with a good return policy then in case it isnt what you thought it would be.
Quote by Sickness5080
make sure to buy from somewhere with a good return policy then in case it isnt what you thought it would be.

Will do, thanks for the advice!