so i was talking to someone about starting a band, i wanted to hear how they sing, and they sent me a .kristal file. what the hell is that? i got some information from researching, i downloaded some programs hoping that they could convert it to mp3 but i got no luck so far. can anyone explain to me what this is?
.kristal file contains no music, audio etc. It only contains the settings for the various plugins

using google

Tell them to record an mp3. Like normal people.
what he said, kristal is a recording program i believe, tell them to send an mp3 like normal people would

edit: end's up kristal is free so maybe try downloading it and opening it with that
Last edited by maowcat at Apr 27, 2011,
Quote by maowcat
edit: end's up kristal is free so maybe try downloading it and opening it with that

That won't work, as .kristal is a project file which only organises everything you've got. It uses .wav-files stored elsewhere. The project-file itself is only about a few kb, so yeah, he would have to export a mixdown...

~
†h¥ ÅbØmInÅb£€ §Øu£§ §HÅ£† iN¢In€®Å†€ In h€ÅV€N, wHi£€ pÅnD€MØNiUm'§ VØ£i†iØn §HÅ£† g®ÅN† u§ PØW€®!
Quote by UltimaWeapon
That won't work, as .kristal is a project file which only organises everything you've got. It uses .wav-files stored elsewhere. The project-file itself is only about a few kb, so yeah, he would have to export a mixdown...

~

since i didnt create the file, the mixdown would have to be done by the person who sent it to me?
Probably too late by now but... yes.
†h¥ ÅbØmInÅb£€ §Øu£§ §HÅ£† iN¢In€®Å†€ In h€ÅV€N, wHi£€ pÅnD€MØNiUm'§ VØ£i†iØn §HÅ£† g®ÅN† u§ PØW€®!
any recording program worth using should at minimum be able to export as a .wav file (or something similar). get that, and you should have no problem playing it.
... except when it goes looking for the file "vocal.wav" and looks for it in C:\whereveriputmyaudio\myproject then it won't find it.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
^ Gotcha.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.