Hi all,

Basically I just want to re-colour the fret markings. I have a PRS Billy Martin SE, I love the guitar except for the colour of the fret markings. It has these bright green dots and then a neon bat at the 12th.

Can anyone please tell me what sort of paint do I use? Enamel? This won't be touching the wood or actual frets, just the inlays. Was going to make the dots white and the bat purple or red.

Advice on this would be great cheers!!
if i were you, i'd keep it just the way it is.
the guitar is rare now so painting it would totally ruin the guitar, would be a great shame
plus i've been trying to hunt down a Billy Martin SE for sometime now
Rarity aside, painting the fret markers on any guitar (a PRS, especially) would be totally idiotic.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Im assuming its either rosewood or ebony, which if you want to do it, it will kill tone pretty bad. If it were a maple fretboard, you might as well just turn it into a toilet paper holder because that about the good you'll get out of it.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
Quote by Arch1119
Im assuming its either rosewood or ebony, which if you want to do it, it will kill tone pretty bad. If it were a maple fretboard, you might as well just turn it into a toilet paper holder because that about the good you'll get out of it.

What?

go to an art supply store and get some acrylic paint. to get the paint to stick right, you will want to rough the inlays up a little with a some steel wool. you can buff that out in the future. i hope you passed 'coloring in the lines' in kindergarten. acrylic paint will be great.

messing with the tone? less than a gram of paint is not going to change a single thing. maybe if you slather the whole thing with a roller.

some other naysayers might be right. if it is a valuable guitar you might not want to do that. but it is an SE model. to me that is like saying a MIM fender is a future collectible. but i could be wrong. i am surprised the MIJ fenders are still valuable.
Last edited by brentonlatour at Jul 30, 2011,