looking to put some strap locks on my Epi Thunderbird because the strap keeps popping off at the bottom. Anyone ever used Schaller's on a Thunderbird? I have read about people having to fill in the holes left by the original strapbuttons because the screw was bigger than the schaller screw. does anyone know the dimensions of the Scaller's so i can ensure i wont have to deal with that particular problem? anyother strap lock suggestions?

-thanks
I use schallers on my SG. The screws fit pretty well. One of this has gotten a little lose though, so I just shoved a piece of a toothpick into the hole, now the screw fits great. Not really a big deal to be honest.
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
i would highly recommend ClipLock straps by DiMarzio. best straps in the world. better than those other strap locks IMO cause they dont stick out from the body as much as others. I have them on both my guitars (gibson and ibanez) and on my 5 string bass. Have never had them even feel anything but completely stable and have gigged with them tons of times.
Gear:
Gibson SG w/ Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
Early 90s Fender MIM Telecaster
Squier VM Jaguar
Ibanez RGD7421
Blackstar HT-100
Avatar Vintage w/ 2 Governors and 2 Swamp Thangs
Ibanez EX
Carvin bx500 w/ Peavey 2x10&1x15
someone is buying the strap locks for me as a gift - otherwise i'd hit the hard ware store on the way home and buy a pocket full of washer!!!!!!!!!!

not gonna turn down free Shaller's
Quote by CemetaryGates90
i would highly recommend ClipLock straps by DiMarzio. best straps in the world. better than those other strap locks IMO cause they dont stick out from the body as much as others. I have them on both my guitars (gibson and ibanez) and on my 5 string bass. Have never had them even feel anything but completely stable and have gigged with them tons of times.

Yeah man. I have one on both my basses(my heavy ass Ibanez BTB with a 35" scale included) and my Jackson Kelly. The clips have never slipped and the strap is really strong. The only reason I'd pick something over them is to use a very specific strap or something but even then with a bit of sewing know-how you can easily make any strap work with them.

Back on topic though
http://schaller-electronic.com/hp135050/Security-Lock.htm

If it's smaller than the current hole you can take some tooth picks and wood glue and stuff them all in the whole, wait for it to set then do what you know needs to be done.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Back on topic though
http://schaller-electronic.com/hp135050/Security-Lock.htm

If it's smaller than the current hole you can take some tooth picks and wood glue and stuff them all in the whole, wait for it to set then do what you know needs to be done.

sweet man thanks for the link. that'll help me figure out if they're the right size or not.

(and in regards to your sig - Go Stars!!!! [even though they couldnt get themselves into the playoffs to save their lives])