been looking around for a second guitar, one that would be a all life keeper, mostly looked at some PRS and caparison guitars for now

maby you have some more suggestions that i can look into, if you recomend something post a link to where i can read all info and see pictures lala
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

For $3k you can pretty much buy any guitar you want. Are you looking for a 2nd gigging instrument, or just another guitar for diversity?
You're from Sweden, so is your 3K budget in Euro or USD?

In any case, I'd go for something Suhr:

http://suhrguitars.com/

Caparison is great (I own one ), but every Suhr I've tried is just..., well, nicer. Something like a Pro Series Modern will be within your budget, last you forever and have all the versatility you need.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
try some parker guitars i tried one and there now my favorite brand
tyler or huber- out of the off-the-shelf guitars I've tried.

Just basically try every high-end brand you can, you'll probably find something you like.

Going custom is also an option, though resale value will suffer.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
do a warmoth custom and make it your own and you might even have some money left over that you can donate to another guitarists guitar fund. Parker guitars are pretty amazing, also the PRS custom 24 is very versatile and beautiful to boot.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by kylendm
Just go custom at that price dude.

+1
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
+1 for warmoth
Caparison Angelus HGS, EMG 85/85 18V | Krank Rev1, JJ's | Mesa Recto Cab | Maxon OD808
I like Jacksons.. the real made in USA by people who like making guitars Jacksons.
A Yamaha SG2000/3000.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Carvin custom shop all the way
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Since you're overseas, I'd expect the prices of MIA top of line models to be more than 3K in your neighbourhood. PRS these days doesn't have as much under that price with their more modest models running about $2700 to start here in NA! Same with Gibson CS.
Having a custom build done by anybody other than highly recognized builders or companies may get you a great guitar but resale will be tough.
Moving on.....
All-around versatile guitars would be Les Pauls and SGs, they pretty much cover everything from Pop to Punk to Metal, but if you are specificaly looking for a good guitar for a certain genre, it really depends on what you want to play. 3k is actually quite a lot, and every guitar up in that price range, or actuallt $1000 and up are all gonna be very GOOD guitars. I would recomment a PRS guitar, personally cause thats what I would buy XD or a Gibson Les Paul Custom.
i will import it from US so the budget is in dollar, type of guitars can go from teles to full on metalmachines, because i play all kind of genres and my goal is to have alot of high end guitars to choose from :p will check out some of the suggestions now i will probably not go custom because i want it to have a good resale value if i ever have to sell it again, i know a store that sells high end prs custom 24 etc for mostly under 3k and that ships international
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard
Powered by CAA OD100 standard+ , Mesa 2x12
Affected by Maxon OD808, Mad Professor Deep blue delay

Quote by Jaekae
i will import it from US so the budget is in dollar, type of guitars can go from teles to full on metalmachines, because i play all kind of genres and my goal is to have alot of high end guitars to choose from :p will check out some of the suggestions now i will probably not go custom because i want it to have a good resale value if i ever have to sell it again, i know a store that sells high end prs custom 24 etc for mostly under 3k and that ships international

A word of warning: importing guitars can save you quite a bit of money, but be careful of VAT and import duties. There's a pretty good chance you'll have to pay around 25% of whatever you paid for the guitar in the US at customs, meaning your 3 grand guitar will cost you around 3750.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
There's lots of good custom builders and semi-custom brands within Europe. Get something made to your specifications. Look for local builders or I recommend Mayones for an actual brand.
if you have that kind of money to spend, you probably can afford the fuel or bus fare to go to as many shops as possible to play as many guitars as possible.

at your price range, there are noticeably fewer guitars to choose from. a couple trips to well stocked shops and you'll get a pretty good idea of what sort of options you have. given how much you want to spend, you'll really have to try and play as many guitars as possible for as long as you can. $3000 is a serious investment, you should know precisely what you want before you put down a single cent of it
^ +1

I don't know if ryanair or easyjet fly from sweden, but there are several shops in the UK (obviously email or phone first to check their level of stock before making the trip ) which stock a LOT of those high-end brands. A trip to even one of them would put you in a much better position than you are now, and for the price of an easyjet flight and one night in, say, a travelodge would be well worth it considering you're thinking of spending 3k.

E.g.

Oxford Guitar Gallery
Guitar Guitar (various locations, they have several branches now)
Sounds Great
Machinehead

etc.

There are some big shops in Germany too, which might be easier to get to from where you are (though I don't know how many of those high-end brands they stock).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Resale value means nothing if it's a guitar built exactly how you want. Just be mature about what you like and really think about it. A custom guitar is something that you want to stick with you forever.
You could buy a brand new custom 24 for that money. Or buy a vintage flame top les paul and still have enough left to buy a really good amp. 3k is alot of money to spend on a guitar.

Personally i'd never spend that much on a new guitar, not when they're so many great used and vintage ones available.

Older guitars are a much better deal too because their price will appreciate in time when they start getting rarer
Quote by Twist of fate
Why must the fat die young
Last edited by reggaebassman at Apr 27, 2011,
Quote by kylendm
Resale value means nothing if it's a guitar built exactly how you want. Just be mature about what you like and really think about it. A custom guitar is something that you want to stick with you forever.

Oh I agree- personally I don't see much point in buying something you like less because the resale is better, because all you're doing is increasing your chances of having to sell it on Plus nomatter how good resale value is, you still take a (pretty big) hit, if you buy new.

That being said, it's often hard to decide on a spec, and what might be your ideal spec today might not be your ideal spec next month, or year. Or some unexpected expense may come up and you may be forced to sell it.

So while I agree that you shouldn't make resale value the number one criterion for buying a guitar, it is worth bearing in mind. Especially if you're the kind of person who's constantly buying and selling guitars.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not so much a recommendation but if I had 3k to spend, I'd buy an Ibanez Jem
Quote by Shinozoku
No, the guitar was built to play metal. Not pussy ass cowboy chords. They won't work on that guitar. Get a Gibson Hummingbird for that bullshit. .
UG'ers of Newfoundland
Yeah I agree.

Just try a ton of guitars and find what you like about each, jot them down, and incorporate them into something awesome.

^
As much as I love my JEM. I only spent $1200 for it used and I don't think I'd pay much more. Awesome guitars abut not for $2.4k
yeah that's a valid approach too. In fact that's the approach I'd suggest if going custom.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://guitarasylum.com/index.php?/vmchk/electric-guitars/vigier/vigier-excalibur-shawn-lane-master-signature/flypage-2.tpl?pop=0

Look at the action on these things.

Action as supplied at 12th fret, treble: 0,7 mm / .0275"
Action as supplied at 12th fret, bass: 1,0 mm / .0393"
Teflon nut + hardened zero fret technology

It's got a carbon strip in the neck so it doesn't warp like other guitars. Axepalace is selling them cheaper than that site though. Shoot him an email or a cheaper price.

Vigier sell nice guitars.
^ i'd probably raise that to a more playable level.

Quote by Dave_Mc
tyler or huber- out of the off-the-shelf guitars I've tried.

Just basically try every high-end brand you can, you'll probably find something you like.

Going custom is also an option, though resale value will suffer.

you had me at tyler or huber.

just given the choice of a huber or a custom 24 being the same price is kinda mind blowing for me. around here, hubers are about double what a custom 24 goes for new.

i agree with these guys, make a plan, visit some good shops and explore your options.

you won't know what's out there in your range really otherwise.

going with a custom made guitar is good if you are 100% sure of what you want.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Apr 27, 2011,
i think hubers are a bit more than PRSes even here. But not always all that much. and the less blingy models are often a similar price to PRSes here. Often less than the more blingy PRSes.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
nah they're still freaking expensive

i mean the huber i tried was like £3k. What's that, $4500 or so at current exchange rates?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
wow, here a custom 24 is ~$3K, and a huber is ~$5500. before any discounting starts.

and hell yea they're freaking expensive.
I have said it before I will say it again. If you have to ask on the internut what guitar to buy for 3000.00 you need to buy a CD(certificate of deposit) or open a savings account then go out and try every guitar you can get you grubby paws on. Gain education then you will know where to spend your money.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Consider the custom shop option. What would a blackmachine cost these days? Production guitar wise I'd reccomend an Ernie Ball Musicman JP or Lukather. The JP is the best guitar I own, its ultimately versatile, and ultimate at everything it does.
Save up for another 3K to see if you can afford a custom from Jackson or any other brand that does customs.
I'm with Kyle here, if I had 3 grand I would definitely go custom, most prolly Bernie Rico jr. Or kxk or daemoness
Quote by gregs1020
wow, here a custom 24 is ~$3K, and a huber is ~$5500. before any discounting starts.

and hell yea they're freaking expensive.

it's hard to say exactly what price a prs is here, because the prices shot up recently, but a lot of shops still have older stock at close to the older prices.

But you can normally get a PRS for around £2k or so- that's without searching out the deals on old stock (or just good deals), and without pimping it out or going for the higher models (10 tops and stuff like that).

I think. I'm not too well up on PRSes
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?