I have a question. For cardio I have been running a few miles several times a week, and I was told that rollerblading would be a good supplement. I've tried it a few times but the pain in my lower back can get pretty strong. In working out there's good pain (muscle soreness after exerting yourself correctly) but there's also bad pain due to straining the muscle. Does roller blading strengthen your back or just strain and hurt it?

If there are personal trainers, can they let me know what they think?

Thanks.
I hadn't rollerbladed in a long time and broke them out again and I got the same kind of pain in my lower back. Your body just has to get used to it. Unfortunately, according to my cardio trainer app, the calories burned aren't near as high with rollerblading as running. I went 2.5 miles on my rollerblades and only burned about 1/4 the calories I was burning jogging/running the same distance.
Quote by CraftyTrickster
I have a question. For cardio I have been running a few miles several times a week, and I was told that rollerblading would be a good supplement. I've tried it a few times but the pain in my lower back can get pretty strong. In working out there's good pain (muscle soreness after exerting yourself correctly) but there's also bad pain due to straining the muscle. Does roller blading strengthen your back or just strain and hurt it?

Thanks.

There's your problem
Quote by CraftyTrickster

Thanks.

There's your problem.
You see, rollerblading 30 - 45 kilometres three times a week will help that pain go away. That's what happened to me, after all.