Page 2 of 5
Nice.
I'm so happy. I get to eat a muffin.
Quote by space aids
You are so happy to eat a muffin it's kinda scary.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Goes around tryina light dudes on fire.
Quote by MakinLattes
Too much Sublime.

I tell a lie, there is no such thing.
not a fan of the build at all, but looking at all the progress pics, you deserve a pat on the back. I ordered a warmoth body/neck because I'm too much of a coward to do what you're doing. Excellent work. Hope the end result is all that you've hoped of.
Quote by guitar-tin
If I could just understand the meaning of this...
its a little guy clapping your work

and also, your build looks sweet. make some maple knobs to contrast the mahogany. unless youre painting over it. but maple knobs and pickguard would look epic
Quote by LeviMan_2001
Did you do all the radiusing on this thing by hand? Or did you use a router?

Raduis of fretboard? Surely used a radius block.

Quote by Doonan
its a little guy clapping your work

and also, your build looks sweet. make some maple knobs to contrast the mahogany. unless youre painting over it. but maple knobs and pickguard would look epic

LOL

I was thinking about making wooden knobs but for now I go with the regular strat knobs. Maybe in the future

And no pickguard!!
I used a router but didnt really like the results (it was a small bit and the curves were very shallow). So i took a file and a sandpaper... started working on it and got it done pretty easily.
You can see the outline of the body where it's curved, because i sanded the top-flat part again and that broke the curves a ltl. I got to fix that.
Last edited by guitar-tin at May 17, 2011,
wait.... i have seen that guitar before... you posted it on musictalk?
any way... you rly inspired me to build one myself... just need to wait for the summer break
nice job! (בכיף
This is looking really nice. I love the pickguard-less look.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
It's one nice build if i may say so better than many of others i've seen. Well, keep us posted, i'd like to see that baby finished!
haha great diy solution, the body looks gorgeous too, what finish is that?
Wow! Looking great!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
Ha that one picture, of the black strat, scared me. I was like OH NO HE DIDNT COVER THAT BODY IN BLACK. Happily relieved when I realized that was a different guitar!
Ball Custom Mark I

Korg Pitchblack > Dunlop Crybaby wah > mODDball audio Green Bastard > Marshall GV2 Guv'nor Plus > EHX Holy Stain > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy

Jet City JCA20h
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Blackstar HTV212
I'm scared to wind pickups lol but this is coming along great! It makes me want to start building something... I'm thinking a neck through V...
Oh, is the neck and fretboard one piece of wood?
Call me Chris
Quote by jimihendrix6699
had a blast until the person in front of me whipped out his dick and started pissing all over the floor..

Ducks and guitars or fish and guitars. I lead a simple existence
I take it that tinfoil rig counts the number of winds? Interesting idea.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
How did you make that o_o.

I want to wind my own pickups, cheaper than spending 300 dollars a pop on em...so can you post a tutorial?

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance