Page 4 of 5
that is beautiful

only thing i would have done different is cut the mounting rings so that the grain moved in the same direction as the body.

edit: love that headstock btw.
i think you should go with maple, so it meshes with the fretboard, and maybe a maple output plate?
Quote by guitar-tin
I thuoght about a king of mixture between maple and mahagony for the knobs.

Mmmmmmaple output plate... seems like an impossible mission for me.

i don't see how it would be impossible. it would be harder to carve definitely, but not impossible.

mean, all you need really is a drill press and some wood carving tools. the drill press for making the half circle hole, and the carving to shape the rest of the block.

it would be badass, and possibly a first.
That neck is gorgeous!!! I'm absolutely in love with that thing, I'd kill to have one like that haha on the other hand the body is beautiful as well, it'd look good either without a pickgaurd, or a wooden pickguard with a black out line around it, really beautiful guitar can't wait to see it completed you lucky man!
Maple knobs, defiantly. Output jack in maple, or metal to match the tuners.
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
I like the pickups
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Damn that is some sexy wood. The finish is really consistent too. This looks great.
Comic Sans MS? Kill!

That's my only complaint. I love the rounded edges on the headstock and the white/wood contrast. Do go on.
Quote by guitar-tin
The name ha? Wrong guess! hehehe

Naw, the font you used on the back of the headstock... It's not exactly got the shiniest reputation because of its overuse.
Beautiful job! Lovely finish, and impressive work making your own pickups.

The only thing missing is a pickup selector switch?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Just amazing. Well done man.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by guitar-tin
Thanks!

The lower tone knob will become a rotary switch

Very cool idea.

Will it be a rotary switch instead of being a tone control then?
Quote by Kensai

Awesome guy right here
Quote by guitar-tin
Thanks!

The lower tone knob will become a rotary switch

ooh can't wait to see that! I love the rotary pup selector switches on old Harmony guitars, they look great and they're harder to accidentally switch (I tend to bump the selector switch on every guitar I play, no matter where it is lol...)
Quote by godisasniper
ooh can't wait to see that! I love the rotary pup selector switches on old Harmony guitars, they look great and they're harder to accidentally switch (I tend to bump the selector switch on every guitar I play, no matter where it is lol...)

I love rotary switch too though I prefer blade ones. The only reason I use a rotary switch is because I don't have any way to route the channel for a blade switch
Now it's irreversible because I've located the volume pot (the upper one) too far from the pickup.