One of my local stores has an offer on some washburn guitars.
As far as i can see it, the best option for my is the x40pro.
The only more prestige guitar out there costs 2000$.
The original price is around 950$ and i can get it for 500$.
The spec is this:

Alder body
Black hardware
Bolt on maple neck
Gloss finish
5-way switch
Schaller Floyd Rose® Bridge
Seymour Duncan® '59 reissue pickup in neck
Seymour Duncan® Distortion pickup in bridge
Exclusive Grover® 18:1 gear ratio tuners

The guitar got used in the show floor but it seems totally new and without any scratches and etc.
Its made in Indonesian so i guess build quality is decent.
Spec wise, i think its a dream guitar, I've played a very similar "lag" guitar like and its feels quite good.(although I've got really used to my sg design so i hope i could adjust to the new neck access quickly)
Seems like a good offer?
Washburn Indonesian made guitar seem to have good marksmanship?
i've only tried the older korean-made pros (x40pro, x50pro, wi65pro). I liked them a lot, they were exceptional value here in europe (where most other things are poor value) though I'm not sure how good the trem is on the x40pro... I know it says it's a schaller, but it felt more to me like, say, the jackson jt580LP (which I've read some places is also schaller-made, but could be wrong), which I don't much like.

Up to you, really. If you can get it for a good enough deal, go for it. Would be worth seeing if the trem is a straight swap for an OFR, at the amount you're saving you could swap the trem and still be ahead...

EDIT: obviously having not tried the indonesian ones I don't know if they're as nice as the korean-made ones.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Apr 27, 2011,
any advices as how should i compare the sonic ability's of the guitar compared to mine?(thought just to jam the same licks with both guitar at the store)
any specific songs\techniques that are easily distinguished by different guitars? (such as pitch harmonics)
btw my current guitar is epiphone sg-400, seem like a decent upgrade?
Last edited by dany_100 at Apr 27, 2011,
don't think i've tried an sg400

I'd say it's a bit of an upgrade, yeah. It certainly has better pickups. Though it's a completely different style of guitar, so it's not really a straight upgrade either.

Not really sure about techniques... i normally do some pinch harmonics just to see how well it picks them up. then do some sweeping or other fast playing to see how well it handles it compared to the other guitars I'm used to.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd pick it up, I love my X50 to pieces and I haven't picked up a neck in the price range which I personally like more.
I Like Orange......

Wobble Wobble Wub Wub Dakka Dakka