before i had my peavey vypyr i used a digitech rp500. I stopped because..well..it got wet but not in a good way :P Idiot i am, knocked over a glass of tea onto and after that it will not turn on or anything at all. Im thinking about sending it in for repair to Digitech but i dont know if i should and use it through my vypyr. If i did do it, i also do not know what setup to put the amp on so i can get the best sound for the combo oO

opinions?

thanks!
It would probably sound like ass because modelling amps do not take pedals well. But I have no experience with the Vypyr
It will sound like ----
Gear:
Peavey 6505 120W Head
Ibanez Rga32 (FOR SALE)
Laney Lv412a Cab(FOR SALE)
Soon To Get::
Boss DD20
Morley Bad Horsie II
I love it. Something that sounded horrible was the spider I had but my Vypyr is great. I Just have a 300.00 pedal that I'd like to be using again because i cant switch the settings with my fingers while im playing and i dont want to go with the sanpera pedal because for less than that price I could just get my digitech pedal fixed. the Spider II i had before i got my Vypyr sounded really bad but with my pedal it sounded okay enough to not really annoy me but it was still pretty bad but the vypyr does not annoy me at all the way it is and i would like to be able to change effects and tweak my tone beyond the capabilities of the amplifier itself..
You might be able to get it to sound good through the Vypyr if you either...

1) Use the RP amp models judiciously. Perhaps even bypassing them completely and use stompbox distortion instead.
2) Use the aux input on the amp instead of running through the front.

Regardless you should get the RP fixed. Even if you intend to sell it. Or just send it to me.

Here's something I learned recently. I have an RP155 and I was trying to get some good tones running it into a 67 Gibson Hawk (EL84 Class A/B tube amp). The Hawk is very clean and bright. The amp models on the RP were sounding too harsh no matter how I adjusted the EQ and cab selection.

Finally I tried bypassing the amp models and just using the sompbox distortion for dirt. Ended up sounding great. The amp models have some extreme EQing that can't easily be dialed out. This is probably integral to getting that particular amp sound and probably is needed for recording and playing through a PA. But playing through this particular amp it was not possible to get a reasonable tone.
mhmm i was thinking about doing that. The bypassing of the amplifier models on the pedal. who knows though? maybe a amp model on the vypyr coupled with a cab and a head from the pedal will make something kickass in a way :P or..or just something utterly terrible.
Quote by deepsal
It will sound like ----

Yes, it will sound like a llama
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
Quote by slipknot3325698
before i had my peavey vypyr i used a digitech rp500. I stopped because..well..it got wet but not in a good way :P Idiot i am, knocked over a glass of tea onto and after that it will not turn on or anything at all. Im thinking about sending it in for repair to Digitech but i dont know if i should and use it through my vypyr. If i did do it, i also do not know what setup to put the amp on so i can get the best sound for the combo oO

opinions?

thanks!

if you were to run it through the vypyr, then your best bet would be to plug it into the vypyr's mp3 input. this way you would be bypassing the vypyr's amp modelling and effects.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Will the amp sound ok with it plugged into the mp3 port? Is the mp3 port amplified like the input jack is, or does it just go directly to the speaker?
The mp3/aux input by passes the processing of the guitar and is amplified by the power section before going to the speaker. The idea is that it's similar to plugging into a PA.