I'm doing my own version of Canon for my summer show at college (I'm gonna use the original chorus and intro) for the first verse I got some 3 string sweeps, tapping and legato licks but I'm running out of ideas for what to do for the next two verses. Could anyone give some lick ideas I could do? or maybe even some modes that would be good to use.

Thanks.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
I always really liked the licks that Trans Siberian Orchestra uses, but that's my personal pref.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be musical rather than showing off of all the techniques you can do... I can bet no one in the audience will give a shit how well you can sweep or tap, as long as it sounds good.

Just write something melodic, that fits with the rest of the song. It's not *that* hard.
Quote by piszczel
I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be musical rather than showing off of all the techniques you can do... I can bet no one in the audience will give a shit how well you can sweep or tap, as long as it sounds good.

Just write something melodic, that fits with the rest of the song. It's not *that* hard.

Thank God!! haha. I hate tapping and I'm not a big fan of sweeping, I just wanted to do like a Matt Rach styled Canon. Though I do kinda wanna test how many techniques I can play in one song cause I rarely sweep and never tap.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!