67 30%
I use any technology/advancements possible to get the best finished product
10 5%
I LIEK ALL BOOBIES OFC
35 16%
Voters: 222.
Page 1 of 2
Don't worry, the thread title isn't all that misleading

So Pit...are you for or against enhancement? Do you prefer girls (or guys) to have dyed hair, makeup, maybe even surgery to bring out or change certain characteristics, or do you prefer them to present themselves as naturally as possible?

Same can go for photography and other arts...do you enjoy things like photoshop, autotune, or other ways of modifying the original image/sound?

Finally, this can tie into the earth as a whole as well...do you like intricate architecture, or do you prefer simple, "earthy" homes? Are you for human growth and expansion, or do you believe we are another species of animal that is merely sharing this world with the other living things?

Poll coming, feel free to discuss and/or ridicule
Schecter C-1 Elite-->BOSS ME-20-->B-52 AT100 2x12

Quote by laid-to-waste
Extremely attractive woman.
extremely attractive
oh baby
EDIT: you're a guy. shit.
...an extremely attractive guy.
extremely attractive
oh baby

E-Paramour of Andrea55
Usually natural.

I voted Small enhancements can do wonders, but to me that's basically the same as Natural is better, in most cases. I don't see anything wrong with a little make-up/dye/stuff like that. Surgery is usually not a good idea, but can also be useful.

It depends on the person, really.

EDIT:
Second part of OP is waaaaay to deep for me
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
Last edited by Gammas1 at Apr 27, 2011,
Less is more except in cases where more is more, less is less and more is not good at all.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Small enhancements can do wonders. Natural is awesome, but with some things a little tweak is nice.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Technology is awesome. The more tech you can shove into something, the better it'll be (probably).

So yeah, I voted that.

You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
There is a small mailbox here.

Steam: | PSN: Zeroxxed | Twitter:
there isn't an option for being indifferent. with regards to a person's physical appearance, I say let them do what they want. sometimes it makes them more attractive, sometimes less. if they're happy with the finished product, that's good enough for me.

with other forms of art, I think it's also up to the creator's discretion. I can appreciate the effort they put into it, however that manifests itself.
when we perfect it it'll be good but at the moment it looks shit so natural.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Enhanced is always better.

I agree with Mistress.
Gear:
MXR Super Badass -->
BOSS SD WAZA -->
FENDER CD 140 SCE -->
MXR M300 REVERB -->
TC ELECTRONIC FLASHBACK
ESP EC 401 VF TSB -->
BOSS KATANA HEAD 100 WATT -->
MILF Tease
Natural can be great, but if it can be MADE better than I'm all for it.

With regards to "enhanced" women however, I often find myself avoiding such creatures. Especially the ones with the over-done tan and that stupid-assed "pouty-lips" look.. it's just not attractive
Quote by Beautiful
Don't worry, the thread title isn't all that misleading

So Pit...are you for or against enhancement? Do you prefer girls (or guys) to have dyed hair, makeup, maybe even surgery to bring out or change certain characteristics, or do you prefer them to present themselves as naturally as possible?

Same can go for photography and other arts...do you enjoy things like photoshop, autotune, or other ways of modifying the original image/sound?

Finally, this can tie into the earth as a whole as well...do you like intricate architecture, or do you prefer simple, "earthy" homes? Are you for human growth and expansion, or do you believe we are another species of animal that is merely sharing this world with the other living things?

Poll coming, feel free to discuss and/or ridicule

Wow you just went from 'Boob jobs' to 'philosophical shit'

Anyways I prefer natural, maybe a little make-up, without surgery at all.
You can do some cool stuff with photoshop etc, but no modifying your music using autotune

I prefer simple homes much more than complex architectural ideas/designs.

Finally, I kinda believe in both, I'm all for human growth and expansion, but we will never grow (metaphorically speaking) unless we learn to share the planet with other species and ourselves as well.
We will probably end up destroying ourselves and all animals/insects/fish before we reach a safe utopia (if that's what you mean by growth)
So for now, we should learn to accept the fact that we will not be here for ever and will eventually become extinct (yes, just another failed mutation)

AEDIT: Also, do you guys think that adding FX (Reverb, Delay etc) is an enhancement to music? or just something that you add to a song to create a certain atmosphere?

This always interested me, because I know quite a few people who treat these fx like autotune and refuse to use them.

I personally don't think they are an enhancement.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Apr 27, 2011,
This is a pretty stupid question. Everyone likes things when they're enhanced because by definition that makes them better. Anyone who thinks they really like things natural probably doesn't realize how little natural things still exist.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Enhancing can be good when it's done right. If it's over done, or makes something (like boobs) look uglier than i'm all for natural. That probably didn't make sense at all, but it certainly made sense in my mind...

Originally Posted by GbAdimDb5m7
this is the internet, it's not like someone can track me down and tell my mother that I have a sexual attraction torwards her.

e-married to Andrea55
e-brother of dhruvrajvanshi
I find all kinds of plastic surgery for pure vanity reasons ridiculous. "oh noes my nose bridge is too wide, I'm gonna go get surgery for it!" and "oh my chest is too small, I'm gonna go have them cut up and insert bags of fluid into them because that'll make me beautiful!".

Plastic surgery is for people who have deformities, burnt skin, who lost a breast to cancer or formerly obese people with ridiculous amounts of hanging skin, not stupid and insecure people who are trying to look like celebrities on magazine covers. Everything else like makeup and whatever, sure, why not, depends on the person.

One thing to keep in mind, though: You can only enhance so much, and you can only enhance yourself until the morning after.
Quote by CoreysMonster
I find all kinds of plastic surgery for pure vanity reasons ridiculous. "oh noes my nose bridge is too wide, I'm gonna go get surgery for it!" and "oh my chest is too small, I'm gonna go have them cut up and insert bags of fluid into them because that'll make me beautiful!".

Plastic surgery is for people who have deformities, burnt skin, who lost a breast to cancer or formerly obese people with ridiculous amounts of hanging skin, not stupid and insecure people who are trying to look like celebrities on magazine covers. Everything else like makeup and whatever, sure, why not, depends on the person.

One thing to keep in mind, though: You can only enhance so much, and you can only enhance yourself until the morning after.

while i agree with your statement 100% i personally don't care if people want to throw their money away getting chopped up. that being said theres nothing more beautiful than a naturally good looking girl first thing in the morning, bad breath messy hair and all
Well if you're talking about people then little enhancements can be made but some people look good with or without those enhancements.

If you're talking about photography and music then there can be enhancements made so it could sound or look better.

STಠ_ಠ
There'll always be a lot of exceptions and stuff, but disregarding that, I think a small addition here and there could do some nice things. Just a little bit touch of make-up, and VOILA. A nice face mate even better, or a not-so-nice face made nice.
Quote by PsiGuy60
Banned because f*ck you Hebriqui.
I'd been going for a month or so.

Quote by Peres.T.Peanut
oh **** you
Small enhancements do wonders.

I like just a bit of make-up, but you know, made so it's barely noticable. Surgery isn't necessarily a good thing, it all depends on the person, as someone here said just before.

As for architecture, I'm a sucker for Edwardian/Victorian buildings, but I really like Art Deco interiors, like the American Bar at The Savoy in London.

Music wise, I prefer a less messed with sound. Sometimes effets have their place, but not all the time.
An Augmented 4th or a Diminished 5th?

Quote by I.O.T.M
You, fine sir, have impeccable taste.

Ahhhh Yuck Fou.
I use any technology/advancements possible to get the best finished product. Though sometimes the best product is what you start out with.

Tattoos, piercings, dyed hair, tasteful makeup = perfection. As long as they keep aesthetics in mind and don't do it for the sake of doing it. I generally dislike plastic surgery though, since they usually end up looking just weird instead of better.

I think photos of the natural world are often at maximum awesomeness already, but photoshop can result in some awesome art. I hate autotune or other vocal effects as a crutch but accept it as an effect. E.g. don't use it every single song, it's annoying and sounds like robots pooping. And also, distortion is awesome. Though it can be easily be overdone. A good clean jazzy solo is hard to beat sometimes.

I want to live in a house that confuses people. Like a maze out of Inception. And finally, just to contradict my entire post, I think that humans have already vastly overstretched their bounds and need to curb their influence.
Who cares? As long as she is hot and she puts out then it's game on!
In terms of a human being, there's nothing wrong with being creative/liberal with style at all. I mostly have clothing in mind when I say that, but if a person wants to experiment with makeup, they should go ahead if they really want. It only gets absurd when they think they look ugly without makeup or dressing a certain way.

Surgery is a step too far though. Unless you have some bad deformity, surgery should be a last-ditch effort to improve your looks.

As for enhanced art, I am for it. The thing about being a great musician (for example) is that you have to be good at playing and good at writing. If a wonderful writer is being limited by their own skills, then there's nothing wrong with getting help.

As I'm sure there might be someone who'll say that people just need to practice, lets be realistic. Yes, anyone will get better with practice, but there are just some truly uncoordinated people who will reach their peak at a much lower level than others. It's just like how anyone can train to be an athlete, but not everyone will become elite despite the same effort.

Physical beauty=Creative but natural
Artistic beauty=Creative and natural and/or enhanced
I can think of hardly any cases where artificial enhancement is better. I prefer girls who don't wear makeup or dye their hair. And the artificial boobies/facelifts are DEFINITELY not for me.

Tattoos can be cool sometimes, I guess that's one exception.

I also don't like over-produced music or doctored photography.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Last edited by food1010 at Apr 27, 2011,
Hair: Not gonna lie, I have a big thing for artificially coloured hair. No idea why, I just have done for a good few years now.

Makeup: Honestly do not care as long as it's not over the top, although it's gotta look...I guess "organic" is the best word to describe it.

Body Mods: Tasteful tattos is a big yes. We are born with a massive canvas to decorate. Why waste it and leave it unpainted? Same goes for piercings, though up to a point.

Cosmetic surgery: Eh, divided opinion. I don't like it, but if it boosts someone's confidence then it's up to them.

Cybernetic Bio-enhancements: Most definitely.

Edit: Just realised this makes me sound really shallow and picky I'm really not, appearance is one of the less important things I look for in people.

As for art, architecture and stuff, I like a middle path between natural and enhanced. I tend to prefer things which are more organic looking or sounding, but I also appreciate more clinical, sterile-feeling art and music.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Last edited by entity0009 at Apr 27, 2011,
Natural when it comes to people. But I enjoy innovative architecture and the like in an artisitc sense. At the end of the day, everything around us is art or can be art (not going to open that can of worms here).

But I'm also an IT man and very much enjoy technology so it's very hard to give a definitive answer to such a broad question.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Unnatural is a turn off to me. Even shaving "down there" is a turn off to me. Call me picky or weird.

I'm not a environmentalist, but I like to consider myself mildly understanding of nature. I understand that we humans need to use resources, and we don't owe the planet anything, we owe generations to come.
Last edited by dave1701 at Apr 27, 2011,
I probably should have read the OP before I voted. Oh well. I think it's important to be happy with who you are. However, I think dying hair, piercings, and tattoos are perfectly fine.
Quote by teachmeviolence
Headbang until your head becomes detached from the rest of your body, then throw it into the crowd while you play a killer guitar solo. Trust me, it would be totally br00tal.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by dave1701
Unnatural is a turn off to me. Even shaving "down there" is a turn off to me. Call me picky or weird.

I'm not a environmentalist, but I like to consider myself mildly understanding of nature. I understand that we humans need to use resources, and we don't owe the planet anything

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Page 1 of 2