So I got my amp working and will have pics up soon enough, but I just wanted to make sure I'm not harming it in any way. I want to make sure that the amp is sending 275W at 8ohms. So i plug into the right input, correct? Here you can see a picture of the back of the amp. Just making sure.

Thanks,
Sam
It doesn't matter which jack you use. They are mono outputs, and at 8 ohms you'll be running the amp at 275 watts. Some amps, like my Carvin Redline R1000, do suggest using the right output jack if you are running only one cabinet, but the Ampeg doesn't seem to have that distinction. You might want to invest a few bucks in a Speakon cable and just use that one Speakon jack. They're definitely worth it, and if you want to run your amp loud the manufacturer recommends using the Speakon jack.

Here's the manual. You can see for yourself:

http://www.ampeg.com/pdf/SVT-3PRO.pdf
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Okay so it'll be 8ohms if I play through the mono output, but 4ohms if I use the speakon output?

EDIT: and I am only playing through one cab.
It depends on the impedance of your cab. On the back it should say whether it's 4 or 8 ohms.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I suggest you actually read the manual. I dont get why people dont spend the 10-15 minutes reading manuals. Your more apt to harm your speakers than your amp so double check the Ohm rating on your speaker.
The cab is 8 ohms and only has an 8 ohm input I believe. So is that all I have to worry about, or do I have to match the output on the head?
It will be automatic. there's nothing for you to do matching impedance like that unless you have a tube head. which you don't.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu