I'm considering buying a tremolo pedal, and I know there are lots out there. Ive been looking on Youtube to listen to demo's and all Ive heard so far sound fine.
My budget is pretty tight, so I was wondering if anyone could advise a decent tremolo pedal from the list below please.

Danelectro Cool Cat
Boss TR2 (ebay)
Marshall Vibratrem or the Behringer UT100
Are there any others that would be good

Thanks for your help and time.
some of the older bosses have volume drop... i think (could be wrong) it's fixed on the newer ones, but I'm not sure exactly when they fixed it. So that'd be worth bearing in mind if you're going used...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^yep, newer ones are fixed. i've modded about 3 of them and i love all of them.

get the boss.
mojostompboxes.com
I strongly recommend the Danelectro. It's durable, true-bypass, has no volume drop (it actually has a volume boost and slight treble boost, but you won't notice it unless you turn the effect depth all the way off) and sounds awesome, not just for its price but for any price. It's one of the better tremolo pedals out there, and it's cheap too.
Quote by AeolianSeventh
I strongly recommend the Danelectro. It's durable, true-bypass, has no volume drop (it actually has a volume boost and slight treble boost, but you won't notice it unless you turn the effect depth all the way off) and sounds awesome, not just for its price but for any price. It's one of the better tremolo pedals out there, and it's cheap too.

Yes I've looked at the Danelectro it sounds excellent. Is the actual footswitch fairly robust?
Last year I built my own tremolo pedal using General Guitar Gadget's tremolo pedal kit:

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage-ask.tpl&product_id=115&category_id=7

It sounds great and has a volume knob to control for the volume drop. For $8 more, you can add a clean boost function, which has proven to be handy when I want a little overdrive for leads... this pedal becomes really worth it when you fork out the extra little bit for the clean boost mod.
Quote by Ichabod Crane
Yes I've looked at the Danelectro it sounds excellent. Is the actual footswitch fairly robust?

It's a standard 3PDT switch, as solid as the ones in Fulltone or EHX pedals. Maybe more durable, since it's got a metal cover.
Thanks to everyone for your advice.
Aeolian, I'll check out the Danelectro . Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately my soldering technique is rubbish as I'd love to build a pedal myself, but thanks ImOnThePavement for sending me the link.

Cheers everyone, many thanks again
Last edited by Ichabod Crane at Apr 27, 2011,
The Boss is a great pedal. Greeny23 mods them real nice as well, I'd definitely recommend the Toyroom mods.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

It's going to be between the Boss and the Danelectro, I think....... decisions decisions! lol
Maybe I'm missing the point but if I was to buy a tremolo pedal it would have to have tap tempo.. I don't think those pedals will do that.
Quote by BobDetroit
Maybe I'm missing the point but if I was to buy a tremolo pedal it would have to have tap tempo.. I don't think those pedals will do that.

You're not missing the point, but to be honest tap tempo won't affect my use of the pedal. My budget is really tight too so I can only go with what I can afford. If I get a Boss it will have to be from ebay lol