Hi guys,

I am interested in getting a new valve amp, however it doesn't need to be loud as I already have that covered with another amp.

I was thinking anything from a 1-10 watt Valve, unless you guys have any other suggestions with solid state or hybrid.

It mainly just needs an okay tone, nothing special just a good all rounded. I'm not looking for Platinum, more like, Bronze.

Thanks for answer,

Dave

Guitar:
Gibson Les Paul Studio (Goldy)
Fender American Stratocaster (Blacky)

Amplifier:
Orange Dual Terror Head W/ Orange 1 x 12 Cab
Vox Valvetronix VT30

Pedals/Extras:
BOSS ME-70
BOSS Micro BR

Youtube: DaveTheOriginal
311 did a great sticky of info we'll need to help ya

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1387138

Quote by DaveTheOriginal

I am interested in getting a new valve amp, however it doesn't need to be loud as I already have that covered with another amp.

the deal is that even a 1 watt amp can sound as loud as a jack hammer (especially with the right speaker). a tube amp's power rating (wattage) is pretty much dependent upon it's style of tubes and mode of operation and these 2 considerations have a pretty big impact on the tone and response of the amp.

Quote by DaveTheOriginal
I was thinking anything from a 1-10 watt Valve, unless you guys have any other suggestions with solid state or hybrid.

1-10 watt valve amp is going to put you in the 'single ended' EL84/6V6 range. these will be about your only options (there is stuff like the zvex nano or blackstar HT-5, but these are a bit unconventional).

in other words, a 1-10 watt amp is going to have a particular type tone (low headroom with dinky transformer tone) and doesn't give much room for personal preferences

Quote by DaveTheOriginal
It mainly just needs an okay tone, nothing special just a good all rounded. I'm not looking for Platinum, more like, Bronze.

if you aren't picky then maybe a epiphone valve jr. would be about right for ya.

i'd personally recommend finding an old valco, danelectro, univox, magnatone, national, etc cuz you can scoop them up cheap at times with a bit of patience.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Orange tiny terror head has great tone of its size. Genre? Budget?
-ltd mh-350fr
-ltd ec-401
-Ibanez RGA42FM
-peavey valveking 112
-line 6 spider iii 30 watt
-pedalz