I've been looking at getting a new delay pedal and I've become infatuated with the Catalinbread Montavillian

demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo2y1FAl4gM

I love the deep natural on-the-verge-of-self-oscillation effect for ambience/atmospheric music. I currently have a Boss SpaceEcho and DD-7; I can get them to self-oscillate, but I haven't been able to get them to the level of sensitivity that the Montavillian seems to get at where it's right there before the self-oscillation... does anyone have experience with the Montavillian? I'd be playing an American Strat into a Vox AC15 C1. Also, any similar settings for my current pedals that would get me close to this sound (for the meantime). Please provide any cool delay settings for that matter (precise knob positions )

And lastly... any cool delay tricks? I've seen some videos where people do this cool trickle-like effect (like the guy from Brand New; I don't really listen to their music but someone posted a clip on the boards of the trick and I never found out how to do it) where the note is played (not the left hand-right hand muting trickle) and it sounds like it cascades into multiple delay pedals. Thanks!
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1
One guy here mentioned getting great results setting multiple delays to the fibonachi sequence. I tried it and it was actually really great regardless of tempo, but the whole point of that is to make a delay sound that is very obvious and doesn't sink right into the track.

then there's the 'edge' (U2) trick of setting your delay to dotted 1/8th notes, so that when you play a run of 1/8th notes it sounds like a run of 1/16ths.

I've heard a buddy demo the Mont, but it's too vague in my memory to give you details that you asked for. I do remember it sounded sweet (lol, helpful, right?), but I wasn't in the market and didn't pay enough attention to it.
I absolutely love Fibonacci delays. I really liked my Montavillian Echo, it was perfect for running on the edge of oscillation. I also really liked how interactive the controls were, meaning the higher the Cut knob is, the more Feedback you can have before going into oscillation.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
lol thanks man... I'm going to try the fibonachi sequence thing as soon as I get home.
Epi Sheraton II or MIA FSR strat > wah Q535 > fuzzface > Keeley C4 > Qtron > Whammy > Liquid Chorus > Triboost > Hotcake > BigMuff > Small Stone > VolumePlus > SpaceEcho > Cathedral Reverb > LoFi > MemoryMan > BYOC vibrato > DD-7 > Vox AC15 C1