Poll: Read OP.
Poll Options
View poll results: Read OP.
Back the f*ck up! That's not how shit's gonna happen. Forbid it.
156 70%
I'll let her do keep on keepin' on. I won't be that way with the kids, myself, though.
20 9%
S'all good to me, bro. I agree with her, and am on board.
36 16%
Other
11 5%
Voters: 223.
Page 1 of 4
Say you meet a girl (I'm assuming you're a straight male. If not, I'm sure you can just switch girl with guy in the hypothetical). She's attractive, you two have a lot in common, you start dating.

You two fall in love, get married, have children, the whole deal.

She grew up with parents who would hit her. They wouldn't beat her terribly or anything, but they'd maybe smack her, or hit her hard and definitely inflict some physical pain if she really acted up.

She grew up with an idea that that's proper parenting. So she wants to be that way with her (and your) kids.

How do you handle this? Forbid it? Let her do it, but you keep your own way? Or maybe you are also the same way?
Last edited by The Madcap at Apr 27, 2011,
Depends on the response it invokes in the child.

edit: assuming the kid is not a baby. Hitting a baby is always wrong.
58-32 NFL Thread Pick Em.
Forbid it, definitely. Somewhat sounds like my mom though, and i sure as hell don't want my kids to go through that.
E-married to BlessedRebel15
Most Attractive Female 2011 ^^
Dark Black Rivers in the WinterTime
Quote by CrunchyRoll
I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but everything is against the rules at UG
I would discourage/forbid it? Not sure, it sounds inconsistent with somebody I'd be with but I guess it's possible
Nothing wrong with a good spanking here or there
Quote by MangoStarr
i think i love you
Present her with a rational argument why it's ineffective parenting. If she persists, well then I'll just have to do some parental parenting if you catch my drift.
Check out my band Disturbed
As long as it's not a senseless beating or visible it's all good. She can go to town on that little F**ker!
eh... A slap on the hand never did anything. Taking it further isn't necessary. I would observe, and stop any situation I thought she took it too far.
MaKing thE possiBlE...
...totaLlY impossible
If by hitting you mean spanking, then i dont care. It's an effective discipline and when done in the proper, loving way, then there's no problem with it. I dont buy this garbage that a spank once in a while is "child abuse" (it's not), and i really ****ing detest the idiots that are trying to outlaw it. Removing all privileges and isolating the kid (ie, grounding) is a more cruel punishment then a wooden spoon to the asscheek every once in a while.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
honestly, I think more parents need to spank their kids. I was spanked. not like violently with a belt, but when I was bad I got spanked. and I've never gotten out of line at school, with the law, or anything.

some teenager's behavior these days is just appalling.
/rant.

but really, I don't see anything wrong with it. as long as your're not like. BEATING the kid to death. it's discipline.
Like I said in the last thread like this: If you have to resort to hitting your child you've failed as a parent.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Hitting and spanking are two different things. I do not condone hitting a child, but I do support spanking. I do not believe in leaving bruises or marks on a child's skin. That's taking it too far.
I would have a serious talk about why she shouldn't do it. If she is too closed-minded to even consider not doing it, then she's not the kind of person I'd have kids with anyway.

Punishment =/= reinforcement.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Last edited by rgrockr at Apr 27, 2011,
I like to think that I'm against hitting kids. I don't see what that's supposed to teach them. Besides, once they're a certain age, they're taller and probably as strong as you are.

Having said that, I think if my kids were really loud and obnoxious, I'd have a hard time keeping myself from hitting them. Sometimes it seems like the only way to get them to STFU. I'm not very patient with kids.

I don't plan to reproduce.
Well, if the kid is a baby, I would not condone any kind of hitting on an infant. If the kid was maybe around 6 or above a spanking is okay, I guess. Some kids really don't learn but it's up to the parents to set boundaries without hitting. I was spanked as a child and I didn't mind it cause I did put my parents through a ton of hell. Look at me now, I'm a great person.
STಠ_ಠ
i used to get hit as a child it does nothing, no lesson is learned, and you end up disliking your parents.

not only that but as i said i was hit as a child and i have no urge ever to hit a child.
put that foot down nigga.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
Quote by KG6_Steven
I do not condone hitting a child, but I do support spanking.

Oooh yeah Daddy! Spank me harder!
hitting your kids? **** that shit! Chinese water torture is much more effective.

>_>

<_<

nah, but hitting your kids is bad.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Nothing wrong with a good smack on the ass if the kid is acting up.
Quote by CodChick

Seriously, I'm not a fan of iphones and guitars mixing.
Depends on the situation. Certainly just flat-out throwing a tantrum or something deserves a good olde fashion spanking. Hitting the kid all the time for every little thing isn't right though, you have to find a balance.

Personally, when I got spanked as a kid, I sure as hell didn't do what got me spanked again.
You don't need to beat the living hell out of a kid. A spank here and there is deserved if the kid is being a little bastard. But things need to be explained to kids so they know what the did wrong, and why they got spanked.
I wouldn't let her at all. I wouldn't be like "Bitch you don't be doin that!" though lol, just tell her that's not how we should bring up our kids
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
hitting kids is ok. Inflicting pain is not. My dad used to hit me till the age of 10 and I think he is a good father.
The occasional spank? Sure. Beating the shit out of a kid for pooping their pants? (cwutididthar?) I forbid it.

Never shake a baby.
Quote by bass-man9712
I wouldn't let her at all. I wouldn't be like "Bitch you don't be doin that!" though lol, just tell her that's not how we should bring up our kids

You should smack your wife for smacking your kids. She was raised that way. She'll understand.
I chose "I'll let her do keep on keepin' on." because it was fun to read.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by StewieSwan
Present her with a rational argument why it's ineffective parenting. If she persists, well then I'll just have to do some parental parenting if you catch my drift.

Oooh, kinky.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I'll show her the scientific studies that show that it is ineffective and damaging, and if she won't take science's advice, I'll promptly divorce her knowing that she must've been the wrong choice.
i don't know why i feel so dry
If anyone touches my son (whenever I finally am ok with actually having a dependent), I will slaughter them. At least that's how I felt about my dog, so I assume a child would invoke similar feelings in me.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Okay, so we first need to ask the question, what is she doing out of the kitchen? Second, if you don't approve of her hitting the kids, smack her upside the head to show her who is boss, and only you, the man is allowed to doll out the discipline.

I totally understand not wanting your wife to hit the kids, hitting the kids is the mans job and the woman should stick to cooking/cleaning and blowjobs. Plus, it undermines your authority, if the kids think mom is allowed to hit them, then they know that you aren't fully in control.
Quote by CodChick

Quote by Eastwinn
I'll show her the scientific studies that show that it is ineffective and damaging

HAH! This guy thinks women listen to logic and reasoning!

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Xiaoxi

Hey I said I would divorce her if she didn't!
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by icesk8erqueen8
honestly, I think more parents need to spank their kids. I was spanked. not like violently with a belt, but when I was bad I got spanked. and I've never gotten out of line at school, with the law, or anything.

some teenager's behavior these days is just appalling.
/rant.

but really, I don't see anything wrong with it. as long as your're not like. BEATING the kid to death. it's discipline.

Marry me.
Quote by Xiaoxi

████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Once my teacher tells me that beating in someone is a proof that you don't have enough arguments to face the situation, its the same principle for my future kids.
Beat someone in the truly Is proof that we're better than any animal in this world
Quote by ecvMatt
Okay, so we first need to ask the question, what is she doing out of the kitchen?
Oh man, that is so funny. It's been funny every time someone has said this joke in the Pit for years, every single time a topic about women has been brought up. Clearly, when a joke gets laughs the first time, it gets more and more laughs each time it's told over and over again, despite its unoriginality and redundancy. Comedy is wonderful.
Quote by The Madcap
Oh man, that is so funny. It's been funny every time someone has said this joke in the Pit for years, every single time a topic about women has been brought up. Clearly, when a joke gets laughs the first time, it gets more and more laughs each time it's told over and over again, despite its unoriginality and redundancy. Comedy is wonderful.

Ahhh, sarcasm......I prefer fart jokes
Quote by CodChick

Page 1 of 4