First off, I know that squire isnt the best brand out there, but does anyone know how good their tele's are. I really like the tele customs and the tele with the p90s, but how good are they on sound and quality? Also how low is the action and how thick is the neck? Thanks guys!
I have one. Its a really really nice guitar but I wasn't considering my playing style and how much I would play the thing when I bought it. I love it but it doesn't fit in with my bands musical style so I am probably selling it. The neck is relatively thick and the action is beautiful with a proper set up, but most guitars play great with a little love and customization.
Pretty much any Squier Tele will be a good instrument. I have one:

It's pretty decent, the my neck is really thin (Affinity Series) and the action is really low w/ no buzz. It fits in my hand beautifully, that's why I bought it. The Pick ups are passable, they should definitely be replaced at some point but I can still work with them. And the tuners will keep it in tune through out the biggest bends you can throw at them (the furthest I've gotten was 4 semi-tones before I started to pull the strings out of the nut).

The cons are that the hardware is so-so. Mine has a really shallow nut, I accidentally pull the high e string out all the time, though this issue is not very common. The control plate had some grounding issues, and the knobs aren't very good quality and kept falling off (sticky-tacked them it). The finish on the body is thick, It won't ever wear. The finish on the neck is thin, I've actually worn through the finish in some places and I haven't had this guitar for that long.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
i've got serious squier classic vibe tele GAS right now.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
i own the custom tele with p90s... nicest squier they make!

it has a genuine tone and feel of a fender... surprised many people that it's 'just a squier'!
In my opinion squiers suck. I have played a few and none of them stayed in tune and felt horrible in my hands. Also the pickups sound weak when playing at a louder volume. The Squier I have now is also just falling apart. Most people love them though so maybe I've only played bad squiers.
Quote by TheDirkDiggler
In my opinion squiers suck. I have played a few and none of them stayed in tune and felt horrible in my hands. Also the pickups sound weak when playing at a louder volume. The Squier I have now is also just falling apart. Most people love them though so maybe I've only played bad squiers.

Or maybe you just didn't have it setup properly.
I've had one for 10+ years, a MIK one. It needs re-fretting and pickup replacements, but it's been a great guitar to plonk away on.
Yeah im not wanting a really nice guitar right now, just one to use as a backup. I really wanna see if I like teles, because I love the way they look.
Quote by gregs1020
i've got serious squier classic vibe tele GAS right now.
Post when there's a ridinculous sale on the CVs in the spam thread.

epiphone553, look out for MIK Squier Pro Tone Tele or the MIJ Squier JV and SQ Series from the '80s. The MIJ ones are collectible (some JVs are priced like CS Fenders) and so is the MIK to a certain extent.

This thread needs more pics!