So, I've been doing songs with sweeping in them. Practicing them slowly and increasing speed for maybe 3-5 hours a day for about a week now.

But last night my joints or tendons really started to ache, which I figured was from over use. So I stopped for the night and let them rest. But now I'm practicing again tonight and my playing decreased dramatically. Because it's like my left hand just locks up.

Should I give my fingers a rest or just push through it ? Cause I'd like to keep playing but I don't want to do any damage... :S
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa
Play it safe if you don't want any damage.
2/3 days.
then start again slowly from the beggining. You'll get back to the same speed after an hour or so of playing again.
I had the same thing happen with my arm when I was getting Really really fast at downstroking, I got to the point where any arm movement was a sharp pain... So i took like 3 days break and i was fine, but after the three days break my downstroking skill had decreased significantly but it was only temporary, after like a day or two of practice i was way past what i was at before the rest
make sure you are stretching before you play, especially when you are pushing yourself like this. try doing a few stretches.
Quote by zincabopataurio
make sure you are stretching before you play, especially when you are pushing yourself like this. try doing a few stretches.

I do stretching and a warm up routine every time I sit down and play.
Quote by skylerjames13
This +10000

You're a decent 11'er Bryc3e

Nothing can keep you away from the need to create.. Cause your path is free! - Jari Maenpaa