so, back in december i purchased a used Washburn ps1800 with a cracked mirror top. the description and pictures showed it had sweat stains on and in between the mirror pieces. I figured it was no big deal since i've never really seen this ones top up close enough, and i figured id be able to simply keep wiping til the goo came off.

wrong.

the sweat residue is actually underneath the mirror pieces lol. its interesting becuase i have no clue how to fix this, or how it even hppened. but it definitely goes to show that if you dont clean your stuff regulary, and abuse the hell out of it, it willl show eventually

what would be the safest way to clean that stuff up? or would it be better to just leave it alone? it doesnt really bother me, but maybe eventually id like to get it up to par with how it was from the factory.
Last edited by Jackie Lawless at Apr 30, 2011,
Seems like a real pain in the ass. I'd say get some glass cleaner and a glass cloth, spray it down, throw a pair of gloves on and just wipe away. Just be careful man! Make sure you use a cleaning agent that won't get clogged up in between those pieces of glass.
Quote by cm880999
Not fast enough.. try playing this song i wrote it's called trolls delight!

heres the progression

A F Bb Gm E C D A Bm C Bm A Bm Bb Bm Cm Cb C Cbm A

played at 883 bmp change the chord every click

its pretty easy though
see thats the thing. its in between the body and the glass. i think id have to lift the mirror pieces , but i woudlnt know how to do that, or re-bind them..... let alone actually clean it.
I wonder if what you have is a shiney piece of foild adhered to the base with a cracked plastic cover over it. This would allow sweat to end up where it is.

I would remove the bridge pickup and the pickup ring to see if there is any play there and if so, see if you can flush it out. I think you are screwed however.
Damn. I'm not sure how you'd fix that but i recon you need to give it a spray with clearcoat to stop it getting any worse. You sure it's sweat?
Quote by matt154
Damn. I'm not sure how you'd fix that but i recon you need to give it a spray with clearcoat to stop it getting any worse. You sure it's sweat?

pretty sure. the guy who owned it before me, he is the frontman of AlmostKISS, a kiss tribute band. he abused the hell out of this thing live, and apparantly didnt clean it veery often.

it wont worsen, because i strive to keep my guitars as close to pristine as possible =p but i'll Definitely look into clearcoat.

the thing that gets me tho is this is literally the only case of sweat residue between the cracks ive ever seen, and ive looked into cracked mirror tops literally since '03.

its so extremely uncommon i have no clue how to deal with this, and Washburn was completely stumped as well when i contacted them lol.

Quote by Rusty_Chisel
I wonder if what you have is a shiney piece of foild adhered to the base with a cracked plastic cover over it. This would allow sweat to end up where it is.

I would remove the bridge pickup and the pickup ring to see if there is any play there and if so, see if you can flush it out. I think you are screwed however.

its actually broken glass mirror pieces adhered to the wood. no mistaking, ive checked everything on it and it's 100 percent legit.

even if im screwed, at least the damage is purely cosmetic and isnt immediately noticeable. and if it ever got jacked, it'd be super easy to determine who it belongs to.
I always get sweat residue between my cracks, you get used to it....