Page 1 of 3

i got one in the mail last night that will kick your head in.

NPD= Boss HM-3 Hyper Metal.

Review- It has the word "Hyper" in the name. You know its good.

This was replaced by the MT-2. Boss lost my respect for that move. This thing shreds. I play it through a 70's Twin Reverb with Celestion V30/G12-75 and it sounds like a hi-gain amp. The tone controls are incredibly sensitive: you can get scooped mids, thick bass, or a shrill, unusable shit tone. 2/3 aint bad! Overall, if you want a pedal thats better than most of the other hi-gain pedals, buy one of these.

Cost me $45 shipped to Aust. btw
mojostompboxes.com
Old Boss pedals are teh awsum.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
dood that pedal is awesome.

it's got like 200000 germanium clipping diodes.

the mt2 is a poop basket in comparison.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Quote by AcousticMirror
dood that pedal is awesome.

it's got like 200000 germanium clipping diodes.

the mt2 is a poop basket in comparison.

i counted 6 or 7

every pedal should have at least 6 Ge diodes.
mojostompboxes.com
I can't stand most Boss distortions (MT-2, ML-2, MD-2, etc.), but their fuzzes used to be amazing. The FZ-2's a legend, and the HM-3 kicks sixteen point two types of ass. You lucky bastard.
Quote by greeny23
i counted 6 or 7

every pedal should have at least 6 Ge diodes.

I know I bought like a trillion and shoved half a trillion into my tubescreamer.
i just bought 200 im putting them in my breakfast tomorrow.
mojostompboxes.com
ive never heard any complaints with the os-2 aka my boss overdrive/distortion. definitely one of the best sounding boss drive pedals ive ever heard.

i agree, i think almost any boss form of drive blows, including any form of DS, blues driver, or metal pedal. ESPECIALLY the metalcore pedal. its gross sounding.

other than that i am pretty much a huge fan of thier stuff. and i love my os-2 s much ifit broke i would probably buy it again
Quote by Rice_Pilot
Who cares about your pedal, metal sucks anyways.

I kid I kid I kid

not when its hyper.
mojostompboxes.com
Are you being serious? Because all the clips I can find are through mg's or they are using the shrill, unusable shit tone setting.
Boss works for me, some people are just snobs. Though I don't play metal, so I can't say anything about that.t I've played a dd-3, I own a OC-3 and kurdtz played a ds-1, and I think Buzz Osbourne and prince largely play boss pedal, if king buzzo can play bass boss pedals, I can dig'em
cool find.

clips or it's a repainted metal zone.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Some Boss good, some Boss bad. All Boss solid enough to be used as weapons of war.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by AcousticMirror
i love boss pedals.

if you don't like them you are using them wrong.

+1
mojostompboxes.com
i think ive gotten rid of half my old bosses. Ill take a pic of whats left when i get home.

Boss has created some really good gear. Just a shame that either people arent trying hard enough to get good sounds out of them, or they are running them through shit amps.
Quote by losing battle
How about some clips?

maybe later

Quote by bogg808
i think ive gotten rid of half my old bosses. Ill take a pic of whats left when i get home.

Boss has created some really good gear. Just a shame that either people arent trying hard enough to get good sounds out of them, or they are running them through shit amps.

if you have old crappy bosses send them to me to mod and sticker
mojostompboxes.com
i'm still missing like half the good boxes.

i had to stop buying gear so I could buy thousands of resistors .
I have a modded HM-2, i like it.

come to think of it, the only boss pedals i own have been modified. they suck otherwise.
some guitars
some amps
some pedals
some crabs
I love my RV-3 to bits, it sounds great. Some Boss pedals aren't too hot, but they are all at least decent and definitely usable. I've modded several DS-1s to sound amazing so there is hope even for the less awesome ones too.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
very nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
I love my RV-3 to bits, it sounds great. Some Boss pedals aren't too hot, but they are all at least decent and definitely usable. I've modded several DS-1s to sound amazing so there is hope even for the less awesome ones too.

I love the RV-3. I really want one, but I can't justify buying a third delay pedal. Especially since they aren't cheap.

Just checked before posting and it looks like Ebay is flooded with them right now.. there's a buy it now for $109.

Last time I checked there were like $200.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
DM-2's are fantastic, but I had the worst luck when trying to buy one.

one guy just stopped responding when I asked for his paypal, then came back saying it was already sold like a month later.
the other guy decided halfway through that he really liked it and decided to keep it
Lot's and lot of great sounding boss pedals mixed in with the meh stuff. And lots of meh-sounding stuff that's relatively easy to mod and cheap on the flooded used market!

BF-2 and OC-2 are absolutely monsters of the bass world, haven't really tried them on guitar.

I recently got and already love the LS-2 as well: active blending in a small package for relatively cheap. Lets me add cleans to any nasty fuzz I want or combine various types of dirt to herald in the apocalypse.
I think a lot of Boss hate comes from kids who run a Metal Core into a Spider III and expect tone from the gods because "look guize i baut a pedl am i s00pr br00tal nao?"
just established that my old TS9 boosts it just like an amp..

**** YEA.
mojostompboxes.com
SD-1 is my favourite ever boost.

That's why I own a Fulldrive. It's like an SD-1 on roids.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
deal. once i play around inside it i'll let you know what i stumble across.
mojostompboxes.com
With mine, I replaced
C10 with a 10uf
R16 with a 100ohm
Removed D6 and jumpered it
And I took out C6.
Sounds loads better than before. I'm trying to make it a little bassier and smooth it out a bit.
I'm toying with the idea of throwing D6 back in on a switch so I can switch between Symmetrical and Asymmetrical Clipping.
Last edited by darkwolf291 at Apr 28, 2011,
Page 1 of 3