I just bought a brand new yamaha fg700s and it plays well except a week after buying, i keep on hearing a high pitched "ting" while playing. I'm not sure which string is causing this or if it is any string in specific that is causing this, but it is annoying
has anyone had a similar issue and any ideas on how i can fix it?
it could be a string binding at the nut. Next time you change the strings, rub some pencil lead or nut sauce or something in the nut grooves.
also humidify if you aren't

also, not sure if this is what's happening with you, but guitars do make background sounds, guitar sounds
First answer is most likely correct; that's the typical noise you get from the string binding in the nut and then releasing.
A bit of graphite may help....If not have the slots checked by a technician; they may need to be re-filed.
Or the nut replaced with a bone item if it's plastic.
Quote by Bikewer
First answer is most likely correct; that's the typical noise you get from the string binding in the nut and then releasing.
A bit of graphite may help....If not have the slots checked by a technician; they may need to be re-filed.
Or the nut replaced with a bone item if it's plastic.

It can be nut related, but I think it's more action related. Like on my Takamine, I recently replaced the nut with a graphtech Tusq one, and I kept getting a ting and fret buzz on the G string when played open, so I looked at the old nut, and saw it had a very slight spacer glued to it, so I then glued a very similar spacer to my new nut to raise the action slightly and it went away. It's like a .5-1 mm spacer, very small.