Now I'm not asking if someone can tab something for me... I'm more interested in something else. Does their label ask that ALL of their tabs be taken down/not put up? I've been writing a tab for "The Levitated" and I was hoping to submit it, but this would put a hamper in my plans.
Pretty sure dude. It's probably them telling their label. They are all pretty proud of what they do and how they do it. I've seen them twice now and they have tab books for the last 2 albums and a bass book for the 2nd. Chris actually has a technique book too. I've bought all of their tab books along with the technique book and they are all well worth buying
Quote by vjferrara
Pretty sure dude. It's probably them telling their label. They are all pretty proud of what they do and how they do it. I've seen them twice now and they have tab books for the last 2 albums and a bass book for the 2nd. Chris actually has a technique book too. I've bought all of their tab books along with the technique book and they are all well worth buying

Alright, thanks man.

I'm still gonna do stuff by ear though, wanting to make it better So you have the tab book for The Collective?
Quote by DiminishedFifth
Alright, thanks man.

I'm still gonna do stuff by ear though, wanting to make it better So you have the tab book for The Collective?

Yeah. Haven't been through all of it yet. I still haven't listened to the album as much as I did Carving Desert Canyons. I do like that The Collective is a little darker though.
Quote by vjferrara
Yeah. Haven't been through all of it yet. I still haven't listened to the album as much as I did Carving Desert Canyons. I do like that The Collective is a little darker though.

I, personally, think it's better than CDC. Less shreddy and more based on the "music", if you know what I mean.

Would you be able to cross-check my transcription when it's done against the official tab book? I'd at least like to know how close I get and I don't care for getting the official book... prolly cause I don't have the money
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I, personally, think it's better than CDC. Less shreddy and more based on the "music", if you know what I mean.

Would you be able to cross-check my transcription when it's done against the official tab book? I'd at least like to know how close I get and I don't care for getting the official book... prolly cause I don't have the money

Not a problem. The books weren't expensive. There aren't that many bands that I would just up and buy their books but Chris actually did all of the guitar tabbing and I love what they do so I bought them. I think they were only $20. They are all really cool guys. Saw them with Fair To Midland earlier this month and BTBAM a year or so ago.
Quote by vjferrara
Not a problem. The books weren't expensive. There aren't that many bands that I would just up and buy their books but Chris actually did all of the guitar tabbing and I love what they do so I bought them. I think they were only $20. They are all really cool guys. Saw them with Fair To Midland earlier this month and BTBAM a year or so ago.

I might buy it if I get money. If thye're actually done by the guitarist it'll DEFINITELY be worth it... I bought an A7X one and it was crap and I haven't bought one since then.

I missed them with FTM wanted to go though.
Quote by DiminishedFifth
I might buy it if I get money. If thye're actually done by the guitarist it'll DEFINITELY be worth it... I bought an A7X one and it was crap and I haven't bought one since then.

I missed them with FTM wanted to go though.

FTM was AMAZING! I have video of STS and FTM that I am going to post to youtube at some point. I had to record it with a camera so the audio isn't that great but the video is pretty awesome. I'm messing with the audio as much as I can before I post them though.