Have you been/do you go to one?

I was at one from the 6th grade to the 12th grade. 7 years in total, just like Hogwarts.

All I have to say is that it was quite the experience.

What about you chaps?

I'm guess most Amerikans aren't too familiar with them.
I personally haven't been to one. Could you share some of your stories? I bet there's some neat ones.
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
Perhaps the funniest moments or the most awesome things that happened?
Strange, It seems like a character mutation, Though I have all the means, of bringing you fuckers down, I can't make myself, To destroy upon command, Somehow forgiveness, lets the evil make a loss - Danger Mouse/Sparklehorse/Wayne Coyne
I go to one in Sydney! It's pretty sweet, the food sucks but it's good cos you're always with your mates and you don't have to put up with siblings and stuff. It also really helps with study and stuff because you have assigned periods of time for homework and assignments and study
I'm attending a boarding school next year!

Well, the only boarding schools in Norway are now only a few upper secondary schools and socalled folk high schools. I'm attedning the latter. The purpose of these schools are to learn about myself as well as a field of interest, in my case, music. After that, I'm hopefully going to a university in England.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
Quote by walkingminstral
Perhaps the funniest moments or the most awesome things that happened?

Not awesome, but definitely funny.

I liked this lady, and I wrote her a letter, asking her to be my date at our seniors' graduation do. That very evening, I got a reply that basically said that she would love to go with me, and that she'd been waiting for me to ask her. You can imagine my joy. So, I went to our dining hall to tell my friends about it, and they were all very pleased and stuff. Suddenly, one of my friends started giggling. Gradually, all of them started doing so. I suspected there was something fishy going on, so I demanded that they tell me what was going on. Turns out, they had forged the reply. The guy who started giggling first the girl's ex-boyfriend, so he knew what her handwriting was like. I turned all red, but I didn't cry.

In hindsight, I guess it was slightly cruel since I was really infatuated with her, but that's boarding school for you. I was angry for a short while, but before the night was over, I was laughing with them, so it's all good.
Quote by hriday_hazarika
Not awesome, but definitely funny.

I liked this lady, and I wrote her a letter, asking her to be my date at our seniors' graduation do. That very evening, I got a reply that basically said that she would love to go with me, and that she'd been waiting for me to ask her. You can imagine my joy. So, I went to our dining hall to tell my friends about it, and they were all very pleased and stuff. Suddenly, one of my friends started giggling. Gradually, all of them started doing so. I suspected there was something fishy going on, so I demanded that they tell me what was going on. Turns out, they had forged the reply. The guy who started giggling first the girl's ex-boyfriend, so he knew what her handwriting was like. I turned all red, but I didn't cry.

In hindsight, I guess it was slightly cruel since I was really infatuated with her, but that's boarding school for you. I was angry for a short while, but before the night was over, I was laughing with them, so it's all good.

wait... you're a guy?
Quote by efializzle
wait... you're a guy?

You didn't know that?
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I was in a boarding school from when i was 9-ish, till a month after my 12th birthday. I hated it so much because i didn't get to see my parents and such but in retrospect, it really was quite an experience that not many people get to...experience.
G(g)od was like: "Make you an ark of gopher wood; rooms shall you make in the ark, and shall pitch it within and without with pitch."

And i was like: "What's gopher wood?"
In the U.S., boarding schools are usually for the rich elite, military academies, or for reform.

Ever sneak out late at night on a panty raid TS?
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

I've been in boarding school for almost two years... The first year sucks shit if you're anti-social. And if you've got any problems it amplifies them loads.
Quote by jimmyled

FEAR THE WRATH OF THE GODLY SQUID, FEAR IT!!!

Quote by mystical_1
Ever sneak out late at night on a panty raid TS?

By the time I was old enough to discover the joys of such things, we had guards on our campus at night.
America's boarding schools are basically just University.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
I really couldn't tell you about the state of such institutions in America. To the best of my knowledge, the boarding school is a European phenomenon. At least in modern times. I suppose there may have been a few back in the day. But I certainly have yet to meet any person, young or old, who claims to have attended a boarding school.