Page 1 of 2
Le title, people.

I remember when I was a kid (mainly until age 10), I wasn't really interested in music. A lot of kids aren't. If I did like a song, I'd keep quiet about it, as I was afraid other people would make fun of me for liking a certain song.

I remember I liked that song "You Don't Have To Call" by Usher. Don't anymore. I also liked "Maria Maria" by Santana. Don't anymore (although I'm a huge fan of '60s-'70s Santana).

When I was 10, I did really get into Stevie Ray Vaughan, and I still like his music now. "Rude Mood" was one of my favorite songs as a kid, and I still get a kick out of listening to it every now and then today (it's a pretty impressive track). I went through a Blues phase as a teenager. He's really the only Blues musician I still find interesting, today.

I also liked a couple songs by The Allman Brothers Band when I was like 12. They became a huge influence on my electric guitar playing, and I have probably more respect for those guys than any other Rock group besides The Beatles.

Discuss. Reminisce about your childhood and music.
Yep, liked Metallica since I was like 3 years old, still like them today. And pretty much all the rock/metal I liked back then too, but Metallica was my favorite.
I didn't listen to any music other than movie scores until 9th grade. I still like them to some degree.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
I didn't listen to any music other than movie scores until 9th grade. I still like them to some degree.

this
The wiggles? Hell f#$king yeah man, I do the crab man in their pits at some shows. Jeff better wake the f#$k up or else he's gonna get a soldering iron to the face one of these days.
I grew up in the 90's, so I'm from the grunge era. Unfortunately I didn't really learn about the bands until 1996, about a year or so before the movement died. Soundgarden, Paw, Monster Magnet, Swervedriver, Nirvana, Alice in Chains, Hum, Stone Temple Pilots and many more. Awesome material to this day as far as I'm concerned.
mmmmmmhmmm

That's exactly what I've been trying to say.

Quote by munkymanmatt
brilliant
Last edited by HardAttack at Apr 28, 2011,
I was quite the impressionable child in my youth. As such, my tastes have evolved drastically since my younger years.

I was around my sister a lot, so I listened to a lot of pop music and boy bands and such. Then when I started hanging around my cousins, I was introduced to rap. Went through that phase for a while. Then slowly found my way into guitar driven music (a la Incubus, I believe). Then I started listening to Linkin Park, and all that rock music on the radio in middle school. Then in high school I became more serious about my rock music and started listening to less of the radio rock stuff. That eventually led to my current taste in music: indie, alternative, folk, acoustic, jazz, etc.

I still occasionally listen to some pop songs that I used to listen to all the time (it's a guilty pleasure of mine, mostly out of nostalgia); the same goes for rap. I like to think my impressionable taste in music as an adolescent has given me my eclectic taste in music that I have today--which I am very proud of.
I still listen to Michael Jackson, Sum 41, Blink 182, MCR, etc.

My musical taste hasn't changed much.
[img]http://i.imgur.com/LYZyCdp.gif[/img]

Quote by CrossBack7
Momie's like not even a real person, just an asian, lesbian spirit.
Sort of. I started off on Metallica, Pantera, Queensryche, Satriani and Vai, stuff like that. These days I'm into progressive type music - Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus, Fair to Midland, Scale the Summit, etc.

Recently discovered a love for jazz and big band, though. Come to think of it, I've got pretty broad tastes. The more frequently listened to music is listed above, though.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
I wasn't really interest in music before thirteen, so the answer is no
Quote by Våd Hamster
Fuck yes you are the best poster ever

do you wanna hear a little piano composition I have just made?, I promise it don't totally sucks, you can hear it on my profile, any feedback would be really appreciated -C4C
When I was very young I'd watch The Beatles movies at my friend's house on weekends so I was always into the Beatles. I'd always hear American Pie by John McLean on the radio too so I loved that song as well as a few other popular rock songs on the radio like Message In A Bottle and so forth.

I wasn't really into music in my childhood and a lot of what I listened to then doesn't appeal to me now. Except The Beatles. May God bless The Beatles.
I liked all the pop crap when I was younger. Now into the older/better stuff (anywhere from SRV to Megadeth). BUT I still gotta headbang to Teenage Dirtbag or Guerilla Radio (THPS2 bitches!)
Short answer: No.
Long answer: No, not at all.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
If you asked me this yesterday and were talking about bands that were new when I was younger than I would have said no, but I just listened to the new Foo Fighters and Beastie Boys albums and they are STILL making quality music.

Damn good on em'.
Quote by richwatkinson
haha You pwned an entire website....i bow down...

TheDudeBox
My brothers would listen to Sum 41, Blink 182 and Linkin Park almost constantly, getting me into them. I got out of them at about 11, when I got into Evanescence, Paramore and other bands. Then I slowly got into Metal, and other artists, including a lot of classical too.
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez
I've always liked Queen and everyone used to make fun of me because they believed they were (I swear this is true) "weird pianoey noises from some random dead guy". I'm glad I never stopped liking them though and they are still my favourite band just like they were when I was 8. I got the same sort of thing with Elton John, The Beatles, Aerosmith, all of whom I have loved since childhood. And I still love them.
Signatureless. And this doesn't count. Because I said so.
Nope. I used to listen to Usher and a bunch of scene kid stuff.
Glad I grew out of that.
Quote by Ville Valo
Hurting Linde is like hurting Bambi. You just can't do it.

You should click on those, I think.

I like My Little Pony. Come at me, bro.
I don't listen to Rammstein anymore, it was my favourite band from like 8-10 years old. But around 10 or 11 i started getting into Guns n Roses and Iron Maiden, then shortly i got into Black Sabbath which is still my favorite band, i don't listen much to Guns and Maiden now but every once in a while i give them a listen.
I was born listening to Black sabbath, chances are ill probably go out to black sabbath too (There are lots of other bands too just to clarify)
Until I was about 13 I had no interest in listening to music, all I cared about was playing instruments. Now I'm far more fanatical about my listening than I am about playing, although I still do a lot of playing in one form or another.
No. As a kid, I was forced to listen to nothing but Christian music. Ray Boltz, Michael W. Smith, Twila Paris and the like. I can't stand it now. I'd rather not listen to music at all than listen to that stuff again.
I would listen to Crowded House, The Beautiful South and Space when I was real young, but then when I got past my parents collection, I started listening to Eminem, Jay-Z and a lot of drivel that was being force-fed to me by the television/sisters. *shudders*
Still listen to the first bunch, though
Before 6th grade (when a friend of mine first introduced me to old school metal specifically, Metallica, Iron Maiden, and such) I listened to practically anything. I don't care what kind of music it is as long as I can understand the lyrics, I'm good.

But during the after the 6th grade, I learned to close up on all of the shit mainstream pop stuff (Not saying everything mainstreams sucks :S) and listen to more heavier stuff. My first year in highschool I also wanted to experiment on unblack metal (!?) and post hardcore and hardcore, but I never really liked all the negative energy it was giving me so I gave it up and stayed with the classics and some heavy stuff. Metallica, Maiden, Queen, Nirvana, to name a few of the old bands that I still like. While some of the newer stuff I like are Mudvayne, Korn, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Incubus, and such.

So pretty much I'm still open to most kinds of rock - metal music as long as I can understand the lyrics.
Eh Lol
I used to love classical film music scores. Star Wars, Harry Potter, Jurassic Park etc and classical in general like Holst: The Planets Suite.
I didn't know about rock music then.
Then I got into GnR. And Alice Cooper. And Aerosmith.
Now I love primarily rock. And I still listen to the odd bit of classical but I don't get as much of a kick out of it as before.
I remember around the age of 10 being into pop, or whatever was on the radio. There was RCHP, Destiny's Child, Songs like This, And This
I got into Grunge for my teens.
Edit: To answer the question I still listen to RHCP and Grunge, but not pop.
Catch the Dragon
Quote by hriday_hazarika
This thread is as terrible as music, which sucks balls.
Last edited by Funky_Fresh91 at Apr 28, 2011,
Kid me liked lots of Weird Al. First album I remember hearing though was the Foo Fighters' debut album (Alone+Easy Target, hell yeah). I didn't care at all about music until I was 14, so mostly I just heard what my parents listened to--Red Hot Chili Peppers, R.E.M., Nirvana, Credence Clearwater Revival, etc. I still rather like all of those. Never once got into the pop or hip-hop scenes. Then as a teenager I started getting into Green Day, Soundgarden, Fugazi, and Metallica, and once I hit university I fell in love with metal. I'm pretty diverse nowadays.
As a kid I grew up listening to russian pop songs(because I lived in Belarus). We still have some on cassette and I listen to them sometimes. Then when I was 7 I started getting into Aerosmith and I still listen to em today.
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
The odd song, but then I didn't really get into music till I was about 12/13.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
I listened to thrash metal and 50 Cent when I was a kid

Not anymore though, that shit is terrible
Yep. My parents listened to a lot of CCR,The Eagles, ZZ Top etc. from there I got into Black Sabbath, Metallica, Iron Maiden etc. Growing up in the 90's I also listened to a lot of grunge bands.

I still listen to all of it today and I'm pretty diverse in my music taste, I listen to every thing you can think of.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
I was into rock when I was around 5 because of my dad, but was never really that interested in my. Lenny Kravitz was my favourite.
Then I went into a rap phase, its was kind of what everyone else liked and I followed =/
When I hit my teens I got into rock again, starting with Guns N' Roses. Now my favourite band. I don't listen to any rap anymore or Lenny
Page 1 of 2