Hey everyone! I need some instructions on how to change the inlay stickers on my guitar fretboard... How do i get the strings out of the way but at the same time make sure that they tension over the guitar neck doesn't become too low??

Thanks
SreeK
Oh wow...
What in earth do you mean?
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
Oh wow...
What in earth do you mean?

This...
can't you just take the strings off?
RIP Gooze

cats
i just wana know how to add customized inlay stickers on my guitar.
Stickers??!! You trolling??!!
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
u can't take the strings all off! it the reason you change the strings on the guitar one by one, and not by removing all at once.
Dude, the inlays aren't stickers
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
Quote by !-twisty-!
Dude, the inlays aren't stickers

Reading fail.

He wants to put inlay stickers on his guitar.
It won't harm it to take all the strings off, but if you're honestly that worried you could detune until the strings are so slack you can push them out of the way? It'd be easier to take them off though.
Quote by littlephil

Reading fail.

My bad, but still what would the point be, they'd wear off in a matter of days.
Quote by TheQuailman
I wish my amp sucked on my knob.

if you were to smash a child around the head with a full bottle of no more tears shampoo...would it be ironic if they cried
yea i've heard they're pretty good. so though i'd customize it a little. getting bored of the white dots!
Quote by littlephil

Reading fail.

reading fail. he said he wanted to replace the inlay stickers that were already on his guitar. IE: the inlays..
Quote by sknth
u can't take the strings all off! it the reason you change the strings on the guitar one by one, and not by removing all at once.

You can, there is just too much fear spread about that. Take the strings off. Really, nothing bad will happen if you don't take 2 days to finish the job. Get it done and string it up.
Quote by SKArface McDank

reading fail. he said he wanted to replace the inlay stickers that were already on his guitar. IE: the inlays..

He said replace the inlay stickers, but that isn't what he meant. Its obvious reading the first post that he wants to add 'inlay' stickers, not replace the inlays.

Quote by sknth
i just wana know how to add customized inlay stickers on my guitar.
Yea i have heard good things about the inlay stickers. Someone here on the forms told me that he has a guitar with inlay stickers and they have been on for 6+ months and leave no marks after you take them off.
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Elite
Squier Strat
Fender Acoustic
Line 6 POD XT-Live
Blackstar HT-1 Combo
Quote by sknth
Hey everyone! I need some instructions on how to change the inlay stickers on my guitar fretboard... How do i get the strings out of the way but at the same time make sure that they tension over the guitar neck doesn't become too low??

Thanks
SreeK

This is an odd topic I've seen coming on these forums since I started browsing them again.

You can take the strings off entirely, even for a day or two, depending on how heavy gauge the strings are. It is wise to not leave the guitar without strings for an EXTENDED period, because depending on the tension that is in the neck, it may bow forwards and straighten.

Put simply, you're fine if you're taking the strings off and sticking stickers on then putting them back.
Just don't take all week.
Peavey Rage 158
Ibanez RG 320 FM
ESP LTD AX-50
Boss MT-2
Boss CH-1
Belcat Delay
Digitech Jamman Solo