Hey guys, I'm about ready to smash my computer. Here's what's up.

Recently got a virus which took out a serious boot up file. After talking with a few people and trying to fix it for three days, the only course of action that could be taken was to wipe the harddrive and reinstall it. After doing so, I was getting ready to reinstall all of my old shit (games, browsers, etc.), and as I opened up IE to go get Mozilla, it said I wasn't connected to the internet.

I've been struggling and googling to try to re-establish an internet connection, but for some reason I can't get the goddamn thing to work. Please, if anyone could help, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm sick and tired of dealing with this shit, all I want to do is get everything back to normal so I can finally fucking chill. I'm running Windows XP, btw.
I was struggling with the same thing when I formatted my hard drive after a bad virus. Have you installed the drivers for the wireless on your computer?
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
Yeah open up device manager to see if you're missing some drivers. Problem is unless you still have/were given installation media, you'll need to download the drivers off whatever you're using now and then chuck em on a usb drive to transfer it to the troubled pc. Does it say that it has an internet connection but IE's just rejecting you?
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Pretty sure it's the drivers issue. I've got no sound/video drivers so I'm assuming I gotta go and find everything. Yayyyyy :S
If your computer came with a bundle of software discs check them for the drivers.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
From the beg of your post, it seems as if you were about to smash your computer but you wanted some suggestions on how to do so.

Upon reading your entire post I am dissapoint.
some ISPs require you to enter the IP address manually. If it isn't a driver issue, then you should contact your ISP.
EDIT- sorry I missed TS's second post which confirmed that it's a driver issue.
Last edited by hames jetfield at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by L.A.P.D.
From the beg of your post, it seems as if you were about to smash your computer but you wanted some suggestions on how to do so.

Upon reading your entire post I am dissapoint.

Sorry man. Maybe next time (or this time, it may cheer me up)

Anyways, internet problem solved One more question for you wonderful pit-folk. It appears I need to reinstall my old video/sound drivers, but I can't find out what the actual hardware is. Luckily, I remembered the name of the video card but I can't for the life of me remember the sound. Anyone know where to find it? I tried running dxdiag and look at it from control panel but I seem to be looking in the wrong places.
Try the pc manufacturer's website. They should provide the basic installation drivers for all their models.
I want to read your essays and blogs of the artistic nature!

Art evokes the mystery without which the world would not exist.

- Rene Magritte
Quote by ABRfan

Recently got a virus...

Solution: Mac.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by ABRfan
Sorry man. Maybe next time (or this time, it may cheer me up)

Anyways, internet problem solved One more question for you wonderful pit-folk. It appears I need to reinstall my old video/sound drivers, but I can't find out what the actual hardware is. Luckily, I remembered the name of the video card but I can't for the life of me remember the sound. Anyone know where to find it? I tried running dxdiag and look at it from control panel but I seem to be looking in the wrong places.

Type msinfo32 into the run bar and look under components and then sound device. It might give you some clue.
Since you have internet you can download a diag proggie like aida32. It'll tell you what components you have.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by AfroVic
What you need is a new amp.

old, meme is old...what he really needs is a fog machine