Page 1 of 2
Hey guys. I know this is not the most logical place to ask, but I shall try any way.

My passport (which I use for ID) in pubs expired last year, and even though it has only been rejected once (and acceptance loooads) I was wandering whether there is a way of still using it as my main ID. The picture on the passport doesn't look so much like me as it is about 7 years old (and on the passport I have a shaved head whilst now I have long hair and a beard) But you can still tell it is me.

I was wondering, if I use another I.D. that does not have my date of birth on it but proves the person in the expired passport is me, will they accept it?

Does any one have any experience with this?
I wouldn't accept that if I was still working in a pub. Get a new passport or a driving license.
i used to use my out of date passport in ireland in case i lost my current one.all the pubs accepted it as it is still an official ID document,its only invalid for air travel
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
My ID expired in 2009. Works sometimes. I should get a new one.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
If it takes bar staff or bouncers more than a glance to tell that its you then they will probably reject you, just get some up to date ID.
Quote by Iain.Peters
Guthrie Govan. 'nuff said.
If you're old enough to go to the pub, you're old enough for a provisional license.
You'll need it anyway when you get your own wheels in the future.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
it's still you whether it's expired or not... just get a privisional dude, then when you learn to drive it'll magically turn pink!
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
EIther get a new passport or a provisional driving license. Though tbh you're beard is more ID than a passport of you looking like a 7 yr old...
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Yeah its kinda dumb, but if its out of date its still technically invalid.

You should just renew your passport or apply for a provisional driving licence.
I would go for the former, its more useful to have.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I look about 12/13 in my passport photo and I am now 19.

The problem with getting a new passport is it costs £75, and that money is a lot to me right now.

The one person who refused it was actually very grumpy and rude. She had actually accepted it in the past, but she just seemed to be using me as a mental punch bag. She even called the bouncers in to throw me out like they would if there was a fight, it was ridiculous.

I have used it a crazy amount of times with out any issue, and some times I don't even get I.D.ed.

So what if I have a second I.D. that proves the person n the passport is definitely me? Could they take it.
Most pubs dont except anything other than passports or driving licenses.

just get a provisional license
Down they come
The swarm of locusts
Skies above
Converge to choke us
Feast of souls
Consume the harvest
Young and old
Suffer unto the locust
Quote by jkielq91
I look about 12/13 in my passport photo and I am now 19.

The problem with getting a new passport is it costs £75, and that money is a lot to me right now.

The one person who refused it was actually very grumpy and rude. She had actually accepted it in the past, but she just seemed to be using me as a mental punch bag. She even called the bouncers in to throw me out like they would if there was a fight, it was ridiculous.

I have used it a crazy amount of times with out any issue, and some times I don't even get I.D.ed.

So what if I have a second I.D. that proves the person n the passport is definitely me? Could they take it.

Well, a provisional driving licence is like £50 last time I checked and doesnt last as long as a passport and is less useful- but if you are strapped for cash then thats really your only other option.
PSN: Shibuib
Steam: Drag_on88rr@hotmail.com
add me

Elvis Presley aint got no soul, Chuck Berry is rock and roll.

日本語をシグに入れるのは馬鹿やキザ野郎のする事だぜ。
I've had friends rejected using an expired passport as ID

Fender MIJ '62 Reissue Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Jet City JCA20H
Orange PPC212
ZVex Fuzz Factory
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS-9
Boss DD-7
Digitech Whammy IV
Provisionals are £50, £10 to replace if you lose it and last 10 years.
Passposts are £77, £77 to replace if you lose it and also last 10 years AFAIK. Also if you lose a passport it's a much bigger issue than losing a provisional. It's a no brainer tbh.

To answer your question, no. An out of date passport is technically invalid, even if you've got another document proving who you are. On the plus side, chances are very few places are gonna care.
Provisionals cost £50, £20 to replace and last 50 years, until you've taken your driving theory exam, in which you have 2/3 years to pass your test.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
If you show them both, then they're bound to accept. Although legally they're not obliged to accept expired ID.
-------------------------------------------
Gear:

Guitar(s): .Shecter Tempest EXTREMEEEEEE
--------------Maton CW-80

Amplification: Randall RG75 G3
The cheapest, legally recognised ID is the citizen card. You can get them at your local library and they cost about £5-£10. It then valid indefinitely (as far as I know).
You'd have to be unlucky for them to even look at the expiry date. I just check the picture and d.o.b still you're better off getting a provisional. It fits in your wallet and losing a passport is a lot of hassle

EDIT: ^Those citizenship cards are a complete con. My pub and a few clubs round Teesside and Newcastle don't accept them as they're piss easy to fake
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
Last edited by Count Seanula at Apr 28, 2011,
Quote by jkielq91
Hey guys. I know this is not the most logical place to ask, but I shall try any way.

My passport (which I use for ID) in pubs expired last year, and even though it has only been rejected once (and acceptance loooads) I was wandering whether there is a way of still using it as my main ID. The picture on the passport doesn't look so much like me as it is about 7 years old (and on the passport I have a shaved head whilst now I have long hair and a beard) But you can still tell it is me.

I was wondering, if I use another I.D. that does not have my date of birth on it but proves the person in the expired passport is me, will they accept it?

Does any one have any experience with this?

Just get a provisional drivers license.

It's law that any ID needs to be in date, there's no point risking a crap night out because you're the only one without ID.
Quote by Count Seanula
You'd have to be unlucky for them to even look at the expiry date. I just check the picture and d.o.b still you're better off getting a provisional. It fits in your wallet and losing a passport is a lot of hassle

EDIT: ^Those citizenship cards are a complete con. My pub and a few clubs round Teesside and Newcastle don't accept them as they're piss easy to fake

As I said about, I think the bar maid was looking for trouble. She was really stroppy, even in the way she asked for ID, she studied every detail of my passport, literally following every line with her finger, and then she went to the extreme of getting the bouncer when I didnt even argue. The other guy behind the bar even apologised for her, so I got the impression shes not popular.

I also no for a fact that they don't take Citizen Cards.

I once heard a club bouncer tell a girl with an expired passport that he would let her in if she had a birth certificate to prove shes the person in the passport (though tbh a photo card is more realistic proof).

Its crazy, because in the pub in question I dont even get ID'ed sometimes, and this exact woman has accepted my expired passport before with out battering an eye lid.

This also have a scanner on the till which proves whether ID's are real, so the citizan cards should not be a problem.
Last edited by jkielq91 at Apr 28, 2011,
Expired passports usually work, if you don't want to ever get kicked back then go for a valid one, but 9 times out of 10 you'll be fine with an old one.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Well they should accept citizen cards because, as I said, they are legally recognised proof of age, if they wont, complain, you have a right to.
You should probably consider getting yourself a provisional driving license or renewing your passport though since you will likely get asked for ID well into your twenties (I still get asked and I am 24).
No where should accept a birth certificate as ID because it proves nothing.

On reading your last post, it sounds like the woman was probably having a bad day or just took offence to you and decided to ID you to be awkward if she has accepted the same ID before (I do it all the time when people are rude to me at work). Although that said, she probably serves hundreds of people between the times you have been in and therefore won't recognise that she has or hasn't accepted your ID in the past.
Last edited by UberFish86 at Apr 28, 2011,
I used my passport as ID, then I lost it when I was drunk 3 days before emigrating. My mate then found it in a park that I don't remember being in, and it's still the biggest coincidence I've ever encountered in my life.

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
get a provisional driving licence fool, you'll need it at some point anyway so you might as well get one now.
Quote by Rockstar12345
One does not simply walk onto a Chav's lawn
Depends on the place, that's the thing. Some establishments are stricter than others. The best thing is to err on the side of caution and just renew your passport or get a provisional driving license, preferably both. Be fair you can't do much when your passport's expired. Save up some cash and renew that and you're going to need a provisional at some stage in your life anyway.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Passport or Driving Licence, provisional driving licences are like, what, £50?
It's a bit hit and miss. Some places will accept it and some won't.

Get a provisional license. Or renew your passport. Either one.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
My mate has used his rail card and his birth certificate as I.D. He's too cheap to get a passport.
"If God exists, there's no way he is French" - Andrea Pirlo

S A D B O Y S
To be honest, if a bouncer is going to refuse you it won't matter if your passport is out of date. They have the right to refuse entry and they enjoy using it
I know heaps of people who use out of date passports and never have a problem.

I use my Age Card because I don't want to bring out valuable stuff like my Passport or Drivers License, but I sometimes get asked for another form of ID because the picture on my Age Card is from 3 years ago and looks nothing like me now.

I was once prevented from buying alcohol in Tescos even though I had my passport. The girl was a moron though, she was demanding an Age Card, despite the fact that you need a passport to get one.
Passports, good enough for countries, not good enough for Tesco.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
If you show them your passport and them some more ID proving that it's you things should be fine. Take your birth certificate as well, just in case.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
To be honest, if a bouncer is going to refuse you it won't matter if your passport is out of date. They have the right to refuse entry and they enjoy using it
I know heaps of people who use out of date passports and never have a problem.

I use my Age Card because I don't want to bring out valuable stuff like my Passport or Drivers License, but I sometimes get asked for another form of ID because the picture on my Age Card is from 3 years ago and looks nothing like me now.

I was once prevented from buying alcohol in Tescos even though I had my passport. The girl was a moron though, she was demanding an Age Card, despite the fact that you need a passport to get one.
Passports, good enough for countries, not good enough for Tesco.

whats this age card you mention?
Quote by jkielq91
whats this age card you mention?

I'm Irish. Over here we have what's called a Garda Age Card that you get in the Police Station, it's just your picture and your age but it holds the same standing for that purpose as a Passport.

It looks like this:
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
There's also a PASS card.

http://www.pass-scheme.org.uk/
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
I can't believe anyone has ever had a problem using an expired passport as ID, I've used my expired one a bunch of times, as long as it has your date of birth on it and a photo that looks vaguely like you then there really shouldn't be a problem.

If you're ever refused entry because of an expired ID, 3 simple words should sort it: "I'm still him!"
Page 1 of 2