Hi guys, this is my first real thread although I've been a long time reader.

I have an assortment of mainstream stompboxes I use in my rig, mostly a Bad Monkey for a metal rythm boost, and SD-1 for lead boosts, NS-2, TU-2, DL-4, and a handful of depending on if I feel like tap dancing.
A friend of mine uses some sort of high end rack multi unit w/ a midi controller than is his amps footswitch as well as effects controller.

I have 0 experience with this stuff, as I'm more of a Guitar->Tuner->OD->Amp kinda guy.

I saw a band live a few days ago that also used the midi pedal setup (can you link stompboxes to a midi pedal?) - can anyone explain how this works/the benefits of midi over traditional stuff (other than having a single, multi button switch on stage)?
Cool thanks for that - it's one option if you have a clusterf*ck pedalboard. Any takers on rack multifx units?
i have a tc electronics g major 2. it is a rack processor, but it also has these relay switches on it. you connect a cable form the relay jack to your footswitch jack, then you can save the position of the relays per patch. so for example, a few of my patches would look like this:

patch 1 - amp clean channel with delay, reverb, and chorus
patch 2 - amp crunch channel with boosted low end from the g major's EQ
patch 3 - amp ultra channel with boosted mids and delay for leads
patch 4 - amp clean channel with reverse delay for weird effects

etc...

and i used a behringer fcb1010 foot controller to change patches. and so with one tap of the foot i would go from one patch to another.

also, I sent you a message.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by InanezGuitars44 at Apr 28, 2011,
^^ this. I pretty much use the exact same setup. Works amazing.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
Sounds good - thanks for the feedback! This was so helpful. I was looking specifically at the G Major 2

Can you also set it up so that your pedals run through your midi patches?
well... with the G major you really won't need any pedals other than maybe a good OD, and a wah. The wah effect in the GM2 is sorta crap. It lags a bit when you rock the exp pedal.

You just make user presets and select them with the midi pedal. If you upgrade the EPROM chip in the FCB1010 you can use stompbox mode, where you can select individual effects on and off too. Pretty handy for a $10 upgrade.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
I used the Gmajor + Behringer MIDI pedal for awhile. Great setup. Had everything I needed. My pedalboard was the Behringer, wah, and my OD pedal. It was very tidy
This all sounds very good to me because I got a Line 6 DL4 thinking it was something I "needed' and I kinda hate it + sounds weak.

And I can't run anything by rack effects in my JCA50H. They sound fine in the Blackstar I have, but that's not quite loud enough for playing out.
This is my entire pedalboard setup.... My OD pedal is always on, and I keep it hidden away in my rack case. The only thing at my feet is the FCB, and it changes everything.

Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes