Ok so i am new and currently a vocalist in a band called "Hallucinogenic Nightmare" but on the side i like to compose mainly guitar's and bass tracks (i am hopeless with drums) but any way i was looking for some constructive criticism or maybe some solo techniques which would be helpful for this style of music
thanks
peace.

tabs

p.s they are still works in progress hence me asking advice
Attachments:
tech.gp5
none3.gp5
the faceless style attempt in progress.gp5
Last edited by thewillmeister1 at May 2, 2011,
I like your style, its not messy, unlike 80% of 'technical/brutal' death metal.
Id recommend to keep on exploring similar themes for the rest of your songs; your approach to writing is cohesive. Thats always a big plus.
thanks man i am trying to keep a clean but technical sound whilst not going over board
i am trying to complete most of the songs i have written but it gets canceled out by my lack of solo skills
yeah i know that i just added it to the song temporarily to see roughly what it would sound like
but thanks any constructive criticism is good criticism
These sound awesome, very very cool. As far as solo skills, I don't have much advice besides maybe looking into some diminished arpeggio shapes. I dig it keep up the good work!
dude man bro guy
more variations, which would make you more unique. Harmonies like thirds.... or just minor third. or fifths....

more complex riffs that last longer than 4 tracks. remember it is tech death. People dont wanna directly get the riffs....

kinda this ^^
Attachments:
techme.gp5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
IF YOU READ 'H' I MEAN 'B'

GERMAN H = AMERICAN B