I know nothing about pedals foot switches etc. I would like to have a basic foot control that I can easily control reverb . and swap back and forth the distorted gain and cleans from there a basic one pedal I can do this with.
I have a The Paul, and a Squire I play through a Crate MX20RC which has all the control I desire, just looking to put it on a foot switch for now
What's your language - I had to laugh at your "the paul" guitar :p

There is no footswitch that works with the crate you will need separate effect pedals. They get quite pricey...

EDIT: to be clear -
footswitch = controls your amp settings
effects pedal = a separate effect that has nothing to do with your amp
The only 6 words that can make you a better guitarist:

Learn theory
Practice better
Practice more
Basically no

There is a pedal by T.I.P. called the 3rd Hand, which you can "attach" to any control on your pedal (by removing the knob) to control that particular parameter by foot. You would have to buy 2 tho: 1 for each pedal, AND of course the distortion and reverb pedals, because I'm pretty sure they don't make a stompbox that houses both effects since they're so different

Most (if not all) multieffect units (like the Boss ME-50 or Digitech Rp500) do though, but they're a little more complicated to use and you'd have to look one up that has both an expression pedal and also enables you to attach any effect to that pedal (like the reverb) so that the reverb can be controlled by rocking the thing back and forth

I Don't really see the point of going through all that trouble though. I mean: wah pedals are built into expression pedals because you use 'em all the time during a song. But how often do you feel the need to finetune your reverb-settings during a song: even if you DO want to increase or decrease reverb during solos or something, is it really that much trouble to adjust this on your amp? Because your amp DOES have a reverb knob...

Also, here's a tip: a LOT of guitarists use the volume knob on their guitars to roll back the amount of gain while playing:

This is how it works: first you turn on your distortion pedal / gain channel on your amp. Now, roll back the volume knob on your guitar (which I'm assuming you keep at "10" nearly all the time, right?) back a little, to about 6 or 7. Notice how the amount of "gain" has decreased? Sure, the volume of your guitar's signal has also gone down a little, but you can now play a lot more "quiet" stuff AND you can also hit your strings real hard while playing some chords without having your guitar sounding too "harsh" (many people use this setting for rhythm playing), and when it's time to play loud again you just turn the volume knob back to 10 and the change will sound a lot more "dramatic". You can experiment a little with these settings: try rolling the volume down to anywhere between 2 to 5 and see how your guitar responds to that

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Last edited by shwilly at Apr 28, 2011,
Is all you're looking for a reverb pedal and a distortion pedal? What's your budget, and what genres do you play?
Gear:
Gibson SG Special Faded
Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401
Quote by doive
What's your language - I had to laugh at your "the paul" guitar :p p

these were actually stripped down budget gibson les pauls made out of walnut and were made from 78 to 82. o LOLed the first time i heard someone say that to
assuming you just get pedals i would say these
Reverb: EHX holy grail reverb
distortion: Mi audio Crunch box
i really don't like dirt boxes and believe in volume knob control but this ones pretty decent
Quote by redandwhite12
these were actually stripped down budget gibson les pauls made out of walnut and were made from 78 to 82. o LOLed the first time i heard someone say that to
assuming you just get pedals i would say these
Reverb: EHX holy grail reverb
distortion: Mi audio Crunch box
i really don't like dirt boxes and believe in volume knob control but this ones pretty decent

Thanks for the info, going to check into these

I looked on E bay and my "The Paul" a ('79) must be sort after by some, they going for $500 more than I bought it for in '79 only thing it's missing from a Les Paul is the finish, also came standard with humbuckers Only thing I didn't care for until I got used to it was selector switch is in odd place.