Poll: Who will be the 2011 Snooker World Champion?
Poll Options
View poll results: Who will be the 2011 Snooker World Champion?
Ding Junhui
5 13%
John Higgins
11 28%
Judd Trump
15 38%
Mark Williams
9 23%
Voters: 40.
Page 1 of 3
I was gutted about Ronnie going out but I missed the last session so I don't know if he played crap or Higgins remembered how to play snooker.

Anyway I'm rooting for Trump even with his silly name!
When life gives you lemons just say fuck the lemons and bail

Quote by Duffman123
The first time I saw his name I thought it said cunt Seanula >_>

True story.
I've not followed it as much as I'd have liked but I saw trump kick Dott's ass and I was impressed so I'm going to go with him.

Will be nice to see a new face win.
I was seriously pissed at Ronnie for losing that. Higgins won with a fluke but he looked like winning anyway once Ronnie lost that lead he'd had in the third session.

I like Trump, he does pick some strange shots sometimes but he's got some great cue power, he has the white well under control. I'd definitely rather see him win than the other three.
Trump has been playing well - credit to him for being young. At the moment Williams it the man to beat. He's the number #1 and he's back. I knew Ronnie was going to be beat last nite.

Quote by smb
I was seriously pissed at Ronnie for losing that. Higgins won with a fluke but he looked like winning anyway once Ronnie lost that lead he'd had in the third session.

I like Trump, he does pick some strange shots sometimes but he's got some great cue power, he has the white well under control. I'd definitely rather see him win than the other three.

Trump is young and his safety game isn't all that. As with all the young ones, they like to go for everything. Ding was like that and he matured his safety play over the years - Mark Allen is also another player who has matured.

Saying that, the new rankings look out of place.

EDIT: Oh and it doesn't help that Ronnie withdrew from couple of tournaments this seasons. His ranking position has suffered a lot.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 28, 2011,
Ha I knew you'd turn up if I made this thread...had to search to make sure you hadn't posted it and I'd missed it
loving the snooker, gutted ronnie's out but i'm enjoying Judd Trump and i think he'll get to the final, not sure about winning it though.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by smb
Ha I knew you'd turn up if I made this thread...had to search to make sure you hadn't posted it and I'd missed it

Yeah, I would have done but I've not been posting too much here lately over the years. Have you had a look at the new rankings? lol - it looks a job. Hendry is at 16 and I think he'll be out of it next season definitely. I don't see him getting his position back. He's been very fortunate for being kept in right on the border Top 16.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Well Hendry is going to have to take the PTC stuff seriously if he's going to stay in the top 16, that's for sure.
^ I don't think he will. I have the feeling it's going to go John Parrott. I'm surprised he hasn't retired and gone into TV. That looks like the route he's going.

Anwyay, I'm hoping Ding wins it. He's had by far his best run at the Crucible and looked great, even though Trump has too and Williams has looked the best of the remaining lot.
It's gonna be a blue day
Trump looks superhuman at times.

Also, I like the fact that he's young and fearless; taking on shots he probably shouldn't and his safety game isn't the best.

His game flows very well.
Last edited by fender_696 at Apr 28, 2011,
Fully backing Trump for this, love seeing the new guys do well. He also seems like a pretty cool guy. Jimmy White of our generation
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Its definitely nice that there's gonna be 1 new player in the final, Im rooting for Trump but I have a feeling its gonna be Ding... he seems overall more capable of winning it, but good luck to Trump, hes done very well so far and no reason why he cant get through. Shame to see Ronnie go out, but Higgins deserved it despite that fluked red- looking forward to it
Wouldn't mind to see Trump win, he plays on some crazy shots which I like to see, just wish his safety game was better. Ding's safety game seems so bad at the moment that it doesn't look like it'll matter what Trump's is like.

Really wish Ronnie had beaten Higgins though, don't know why but I just cant like Higgins.
Call me Matthew.
Quote by David w
Its definitely nice that there's gonna be 1 new player in the final, Im rooting for Trump but I have a feeling its gonna be Ding... he seems overall more capable of winning it, but good luck to Trump, hes done very well so far and no reason why he cant get through. Shame to see Ronnie go out, but Higgins deserved it despite that fluked red- looking forward to it

To be honest, there are two new faces - Ding and Trump. If either of those go on to win it, I'm happy. Both have never won the World Championship and few do. It's so surprising that Trump has chosen the World's to be his second ranking final (assuming he gets that far). If he's a World Champion this year, it's an amazing achievement because he's not won a whole lot.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

That pot by Trump was beautiful

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
Trump not doing so well at the moment. I prefer Ding to win. Ding seems more of the calibre to win a World Champion but it's a little premature for Judd.
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quality frame. Absolutely fluked that blue though

Quote by Duffman123

True story.
Ding must be getting so hacked off!!

Old Farty boy is getting so many flukey shots in lol

EDIT: He's cracking lol
Last edited by fender_696 at Apr 29, 2011,
Yeah I hate Higgins too. The other three are all decent guys though.
I've noticed that since Higgins' betting scandal, a lot more people seem to hate him. For the record, I've always disliked him and I do think he's guilty to the bone. Do you guys believe him when him when denying that he was guilty?
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I voted for Ding, because he has an interesting name...

That's his last name . His forename is Junhui. Marco Fu's Chinese name is, "Ka-Jun". Ding's forename in Cantonese Chinese is pronounced, "Jun-Fie" (like "Pie" not "Fee").
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

Last edited by Harmonius at Apr 29, 2011,
I want Ding or Higgins to win, but I think Williams probably will. Trump doesn't have the balls, the tactics or the safety skill. He plays like a pool player.
As long as Higgins doesn't win I don't care...

I've always been a bit of a Williams fan so I'll go for him.

It would be good for the game if Trump wins though.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
I think Higgins is guilty as sin and should have been banned for life. I was never a fan of his, but I didn't despise him like I do now.
What a semi final that was earlier, shame one of them had to lose. I'm away from the TV now, so I don't know what's going on in the other match, but fingers crossed for Williams!
Quote by Harmonius
I've noticed that since Higgins' betting scandal, a lot more people seem to hate him. For the record, I've always disliked him and I do think he's guilty to the bone. Do you guys believe him when him when denying that he was guilty?

Was never a big fan of his and i do think he was guilty. Should have had a longer, sizable ban like Quentin Hann.

Glad to see Trump in the final, even though i was pulling for Ding more. Hope Williams comes back against Higgins.
It's gonna be a blue day
So it's like pool?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
So it's like pool?

Except it's amazing and actually good to watch.
Last edited by Greenie_777 at Apr 30, 2011,
Quote by Greenie_777
Except it's amazing and the table is like 4x the size.

I prefer to bowl.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
So it's like pool?

Snooker tables are much bigger and the scoring system is totally different, but yeah they're both cue sports.
Quote by Zero-Hartman
Damn you, bodyheatseeker

Quote by Paramore.
bodyheatseeker, I will NEVER forgive you.

Page 1 of 3