Hey guys, how's it going, etc, etc. I somewhat recently picked up bass for my band, and have been playing on a Squire P bass. It's a nice bass, but a little neck heavy. Does anyone have any quick fix tips for balancing it out a little bit?
Never heard of a P bass being neck-heavy. Anyway, if it's really that bad then move the strap button from the horn to the neck plate.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I'll look into that. It's not too bad, just enough to be annoying however haha.
What bass is it? A wide leather strap would help you, Hipshot's Ultralite tuners might be worth a crack too.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
What bass is it? A wide leather strap would help you, Hipshot's Ultralite tuners might be worth a crack too.

This.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Hah. Play an Epi Thunderbird and experience the neck heaviness/dip on it. Youd hate it.
Tie sandbags to the bridge.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by Hail
Tie sandbags to the bridge.

HAH! That would deff work man. I prefer a cinderblock to hold it down on my epi though.
^You need one with the neck dive on those.

To the OP, as consecutive e has pointed out, you probably have more of a strap issue than anything else. I suspect you are using your old guitar strap for the bass. Go out and spend the lucre and get yourself a proper wide strap. Your back and shoulders will thank you as well.