Page 2 of 11
Quote by StewieSwan
We already have reviews of albums on the home page.

However, they're simply listed alphabetically.

This will be more selective.
The Scene is terrible. ArmPit is pretty bad too. Its not too hard to come up with a good name. Even The Riff, or Amplified, or even The Pulsing String is better.
Quote by Morik
The Scene is terrible. ArmPit is pretty bad too. Its not too hard to come up with a good name. Even The Riff, or Amplified, or even The Pulsing String is better.

To be honest, I like Amplified.
Quote by Morik
The Scene is terrible.

It was meant to sound like 'The Zine'.

I guess the connotations aren't great.
Hey there, would it be possible for me to occassionaly contribute licks and riffs? I'm quite busy so it'd be on and off but if you'd like me to, PM me please.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Finished my column, just need to do the exercises in GP5.

Excellent

PM it to me when you're finished.

For consistency's sake I'll leave it as The Scene until the Monday deadline, then change it to Amplified if nothing else comes up.
You should also think about opening a Youtube Channel, connected to the webzine. People could do video reviews of games, albums, guitar accessories etc etc.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Word Format? I'm using Open Office because I'm poor.

It's too long to put into a PM.

Okay, post it in the group forum.
Oh man I'd love to contribute to this, but I wouldn't know what to write
Quote by BladeSlinger
Oh God I lol'ed

Quote by Ēzio

Would you like to see my Soundcloud?
I love Padgea7x
Would it be alright if politics was exclusively UK?

Might give a stab at the AV referendum and why you should care, though, looking at the dates, it'll be too late...

Can I volunteer to do a column on topical UK political news, and not give you a subject till closer to the due date?
Quote by ChucklesMginty
It's too long, I need to link to the file.

What format do you want it in?

Okay, send it to amplified.editor @ gmail.com.
Quote by gabcd86
Would it be alright if politics was exclusively UK?

Might give a stab at the AV referendum and why you should care, though, looking at the dates, it'll be too late...

Can I volunteer to do a column on topical UK political news, and not give you a subject till closer to the due date?

Let's start with one piece, then see how submissions go for the next issue before thinking about columns. On the subject pieces side of things, I'd like a mix of people.

You've got until next Friday to submit your piece. You can give me the title any time before then.
Quote by AJSaw
I posted something on the group profile..

..don't wanna type it again :p

He's already got a lesson on the table, but if you two want to talk about a collaboration, feel free to do so and submit something together. The group forum is open.
Last edited by blue_strat at Apr 28, 2011,
I was wondering, considering literature is listed as a section, would it be more appropriate if me and the other two down as 'short story writers' also did reviews on literature or tips and tricks to writing? Assuming, that is, that they would like to. I just think it's a bit overkill if all three of us write a story and only one is published, plus it would give the other to something to work on whilst someone else does a short story, meaning there's more articles for the magazine.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by blue_strat

Let's start with one piece, then see how submissions go for the next issue before thinking about columns. On the subject pieces side of things, I'd like a mix of people.

You've got until next Friday to submit your piece. You can give me the title any time before then.

Oooh, was unclear when I said column, sorry. I meant as in like, a column, not a regular column.

...I'm more articulate than this when I write.

Cool.
Quote by Todd Hart
I was wondering, considering literature is listed as a section, would it be more appropriate if me and the other two down as 'short story writers' also did reviews on literature or tips and tricks to writing? Assuming, that is, that they would like to. I just think it's a bit overkill if all three of us write a story and only one is published, plus it would give the other to something to work on whilst someone else does a short story, meaning there's more articles for the magazine.

There's now a thread in the group forum to discuss this.
We should name it Steve.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by thewho65
I'm interested in reviews, but I could probably write anything that was needed.

Great, see what you can come up with.
Quote by blue_strat
Great, see what you can come up with.

I could review a small bunch of albums according to a theme, or a kind of "Deep Cuts" of artists with more obscure work. I could even possibly do a sort of "Delving into the Charts" and resurrect forgotten albums (though I feel that's kind of ambitious). I'm fairly good with new releases.

I write a lot of humor pieces on facebook. Is there any place for them? I suppose a lot of them fall under some of the categories mentioned, but just have a humorous bent to them.
So Chuckles, as I said on the group page, would you mind if we split the lessons? Maybe do lead and rhythm lessons? Or we could trade off weekly or something, someone does lead, other does rhythm lessons, then we switch? Whatever, putting it out there. :p
Quote by thewho65
I could review a small bunch of albums according to a theme, or a kind of "Deep Cuts" of artists with more obscure work. I could even possibly do a sort of "Delving into the Charts" and resurrect forgotten albums (though I feel that's kind of ambitious). I'm fairly good with new releases.

I write a lot of humor pieces on facebook. Is there any place for them? I suppose a lot of them fall under some of the categories mentioned, but just have a humorous bent to them.

If you could submit a few drafts, that would help. Sketch it out.
Hey if you need anyone doing Gaming reviews/articles I'd be up for that.
I might be able to write something about philosophy, religion, politics, something. I'll try and get it done in time. Stickied just in case.

EDIT: I just noticed poetry, I'll probably try that.
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

We can have a "ask ______" column. LIke, peopel send in questions, and someone answers, that'd be pretty cool.
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
Quote by AJSaw
^ I'd consider doing that if the lesson split thing doesn't go down

There are already interviews and lessons planned. The Q&A would need to provide something else.

If you can find some decent questions from people and answer them, submit a draft.
I'll gladly contribute, but how much warrants discussion. That said, put me down as the guy to give a re-cap of what's been going on in the ST and RT.

And, should short stories run out, I might intervene.

I could talk to UG about getting say a hundred word blurb about Office goings on.

Either way, we'll talk more in depth about this.
Quote by blue_strat
There are already interviews and lessons planned. The Q&A would need to provide something else.

If you can find some decent questions from people and answer them, submit a draft.

Will do. Work on it tonight. Anyone reading this, feel free to PM me some
Quote by AJSaw
Will do. Work on it tonight. Anyone reading this, feel free to PM me some

My suggestion would be to announce who the person would be in one issue and ask for questions to be submitted in time for the next one.

Also, you should start with Carmel and perhaps keep the focus on people who take on roles within UG itself.
Quote by Colohue
I could talk to UG about getting say a hundred word blurb about Office goings on.

That'd be great.

The group is open for discussion, and I've posted on your profile.
Quote by Colohue
My suggestion would be to announce who the person would be in one issue and ask for questions to be submitted in time for the next one.

Also, you should start with Carmel and perhaps keep the focus on people who take on roles within UG itself.

kaptink is doing interviews with users; AJSaw is offering to answer questions put to himself as kind of "Ask Alice" deal.

If you're liaising with the team, that could be in a Q&A format if you want.
So I just submitted a poem. I hope it's satisfactory.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy
Quote by The_Blode
^ I'm sorry your highness I forgot that I'm subhuman. . .

Quote by ErikLensherr
Normani
Normani
Normies
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
i could provide some cool guitar licks, but i'd only be able to make MIDI files for sound.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
You know, since different people want to do lessons, Guitar World Magazine has several monthly columns with lessons in it from different guitar players. It covers a wide bunch of styles and all that. Just a suggestion, I myself don't have the skill to contribute.
I want to be involved in this! I've done newspaper articles in the past. I have no idea what to write about though
1) I could help you edit/arrange the information. It sounds like a lot for one guy to handle.

2) A help column? Kind of like a "Dear Abby" kind of thing. I could do that, pass my superior problem-solving skills onto the Pit. Either that or sports. Comedic sports commentary, that is.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I'd be more than happy to write reviews considering I already have a Youtube channel, might as well kill two birds with one stone by translating my videos to text!