Page 3 of 11
I write movie reviews for my school paper. I could probably come up with a few for this, as long as they don't have to be of movies that are already out. How often would this be releasing?
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Quote by AeroRocker
1) I could help you edit/arrange the information. It sounds like a lot for one guy to handle.

You'd be a third editor.

I'm planning to take the sub-editor role.

Quote by AeroRocker
2) A help column? Kind of like a "Dear Abby" kind of thing. I could do that, pass my superior problem-solving skills onto the Pit. Either that or sports. Comedic sports commentary, that is.

How often do you post in the help/advice threads? I'm pretty sure I've seen you in the RT.
Quote by TomusAM
You know, since different people want to do lessons, Guitar World Magazine has several monthly columns with lessons in it from different guitar players. It covers a wide bunch of styles and all that. Just a suggestion, I myself don't have the skill to contribute.

that's a good idea. i'd be willing to maybe do some lessons specific to 7 string guitar or maybe open tunings.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by AeroRocker
2) A help column? Kind of like a "Dear Abby" kind of thing. I could do that, pass my superior problem-solving skills onto the Pit. Either that or sports. Comedic sports commentary, that is.

AJSaw is doing a help column, so if you could do a sports piece that would be cool. 400-500 words.
Quote by Colohue
You'd be a third editor.

I'm planning to take the sub-editor role.

There's one editor so far. I'll dish out roles after Monday as the pieces come in.
I'd love to help you guys out in an editing capacity. It's not something I'm new to either.

SHClarification: What I mean by that is working with individual authors and articles. I don't care if my position is "glorified proofreader" to be quite frank lol, but I can be of a lot of use to you guys in the revision process of articles.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Last edited by SteveHouse at Apr 29, 2011,
I can do reviews of indie stuff.

EDIT: I write poetry, too. I'm more interested in doing reviews, though.
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

Last edited by UncleRemus at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by UncleRemus
I can do reviews of indie stuff.

EDIT: I write poetry, too. I'm more interested in doing reviews, though.

We've got two poems on the table already, so a review would be good.
Quote by blue_strat
We've got two poems on the table already, so a review would be good.

Okay, sounds good.
Last.fm

"Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time."

Quote by TheReverend724
Can I sign up for a reviewer?

Sure. A DVD review would be good, as we've already got two CD reviews and a game review on the books.
Uhhh, I could perhaps submit a comic strip or two, if I can just manage to scan them somehow.
Fight the evolution, play large intervals!
Quote by Tupu
Uhhh, I could perhaps submit a comic strip or two, if I can just manage to scan them somehow.

That would be great, we haven't had any comic subs yet.
Don't get your hopes up, my skills aren't that good :P but maybe I can figure out something, I already have some ideas for stuff....
Fight the evolution, play large intervals!
I would be willing to do the odd rant on how things were better "back in the day" even though I don't remember most of "back in the day" and what I do remember really wasn't better. Kind of like an Andy Rooney with Alzheimer's.

What I really mean is I wouldn't mind writing an occasional bit of humor.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I'd like to write a Politics column if I could. I'm not well known around here so I probably won't get it, but i'm throwing my name in the hat.
Quote by blue_strat
If you could put together a piece on legalisation or drug culture, that'd be swell.

Okay, expect info on legislation to be turned into you pretty close to the wire because details on that change by the day.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'd like to be a part of Poetry, Writing and Reviews.

As long as it is okay, I would use some of the poetry that I've written on UG over the last three or four years. If I am not allowed to use old material then I will have to only write for one section - probably poetry. I won't have time to write a review, an article, and a poem in the space of a week.

I can write articles on sexual matters - one night stands, for instance, and how they can be more "screwy" on your life than you think. Or I can write about a few religious topics, mainly on the side of people misinterpreting religious groups. If something else is needed then I guess we can try and work something out. I always enjoy writing either way, as long as it's something I actually believe in.

Great idea, by the way. Let's hope it turns out well in the end.
Quote by Jackal58
I would be willing to do the odd rant on how things were better "back in the day" even though I don't remember most of "back in the day" and what I do remember really wasn't better. Kind of like an Andy Rooney with Alzheimer's.

What I really mean is I wouldn't mind writing an occasional bit of humor.

That would be cool..I like the idea.

OT: How should I go about getting questions for my part? Should I make a thread?
Quote by AJSaw
OT: How should I go about getting questions for my part? Should I make a thread?

Go for it. So far I've called it "Ask AJ", but you can call it something else if you want.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'd like to be a part of Poetry, Writing and Reviews.

As long as it is okay, I would use some of the poetry that I've written on UG over the last three or four years. If I am not allowed to use old material then I will have to only write for one section - probably poetry. I won't have time to write a review, an article, and a poem in the space of a week.

I can write articles on sexual matters - one night stands, for instance, and how they can be more "screwy" on your life than you think. Or I can write about a few religious topics, mainly on the side of people misinterpreting religious groups. If something else is needed then I guess we can try and work something out. I always enjoy writing either way, as long as it's something I actually believe in.

We've got a couple of poems and reviews going, so this sounds great.
I'll write that up, then. Am I literally free to write how and what I want within that topic and within the word limit?
Any chance you guys have a spot open? I can write up something over the weekend for it, either on gaming, computers, music, or if you're willing to make the spot, I'd be excited to write a serial story for it - I've had an idea in my head for a few months without an outlet.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 30-26
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2016: 8-8
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by necrosis1193
Any chance you guys have a spot open? I can write up something over the weekend for it, either on gaming, computers, music, or if you're willing to make the spot, I'd be excited to write a serial story for it - I've had an idea in my head for a few months without an outlet.

I'll sign you up, but with the number of writers we have so far, some of the submissions may be kept for the second issue. That's if everyone submits, though, so there's room for hope .
I can do riffs and licks for Bass and Guitar. I can also provide MP3s and videos of the licks. I can pretty much be the Country and Blues expert for that section.

I also write articles for UG already, but some of my extras I can give to you.

I can write something up, record, and tab for you this weekend if you need. I can also do song lessons like they do on youtube.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Last edited by JustRooster at Apr 29, 2011,
Quote by blue_strat
I'll sign you up, but with the number of writers we have so far, some of the submissions may be kept for the second issue. That's if everyone submits, though, so there's room for hope .

Excellent. Will type up and send you something either tonight or tomorrow afternoon, thanks.

*offer to do job most people find annoying*
*not acknowledged*

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

^ Sorry, I've said I'll hand out editing jobs on Monday.
Quote by JustRooster
I can do riffs and licks for Bass and Guitar. I can also provide MP3s and videos of the licks. I can pretty much be the Country and Blues expert for that section.

I also write articles for UG already, but some of my extras I can give to you.

I can write something up, record, and tab for you this weekend if you need. I can also do song lessons like they do on youtube.

Could you do it for bass? We've already got two guitar licks going.
Alright, I've got the first draft of the first part of the story thing written up. As said though, it's a draft, should I still send it to the listed email to look over?

Thread is up

(For Ask AJ. Kinda like the name. I'll only change it if I can find something..better )
I am so confused with the group threads and the group and the threads in the pit and AHH!!

anyway, it's awesome this is panning out! I'm really looking forward to everyone's contribution.
I'd be interested in designing the layout. And perhaps artwork, if needed.
mais mon cerveaux sait mieux.

last.fm

e-married to RevaM1ssP1ss & spanishyanez.
and e-child of Kensai.
Quote by blue_strat
Great, please do.

And sent.

Quote by totheark
I'd be interested in designing the layout. And perhaps artwork, if needed.

Head to this thread when you get in:

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/thescene/forum/68876/
Quote by metharian
Hey dude, i would be interested in doing a current affairs peace

Awesome. Cite references if you make any factual claims.

Head here: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/thescene/forum/68878/
I blog. A lot (although my proper blog is as good as dead, and I do all my long-form shit on Tumblr now). I'm certain that I could contribute something.