Page 4 of 11
I would love to contribute some kind of opinion piece/rant, if you have any need or space for something
Quote by blue_strat
^ Sorry, I've said I'll hand out editing jobs on Monday.
Could you do it for bass? We've already got two guitar licks going.

Yeah, I could do a Basslines section. What exactly would the whole riffs and licks entail? Requests for lessons, or just cool little tidbits for people to learn around?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by blue_strat
Jackal58 (rant)

Ya I got that shit covered.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by JustRooster
Yeah, I could do a Basslines section. What exactly would the whole riffs and licks entail? Requests for lessons, or just cool little tidbits for people to learn around?

Replied in the group.
Will talk to the Office on Monday and highlight the newest developments alongside UG Plus.

The RT and ST bits will likely be thrown together a day or two before they're needed.
Quote by blue_strat
I'll sign you up, but with the number of writers we have so far, some of the submissions may be kept for the second issue. That's if everyone submits, though, so there's room for hope .
Wouldn't it be a good idea to keep the amount of people entering to as many as possible, and in case some don't actually participate in the end you'll be able to rely on the others who entered to add their material?
Quote by blue_strat
I've removed the Monday deadline for joining the issue.

Awesome, I need a bit more time with mine.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Awesome, I need a bit more time with mine.

The deadline for pieces is Friday. The Monday deadline was to get people signed up.
Quote by NothingRocks
Can you take me off the list? I'm going be really busy this coming week and won't have time to finish anything. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

No problem - feel free to write for the second issue if you want to.
Hump de bump
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 46-49
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
Quote by Jon777
Oooooh, this looks cool. Is it too late to contribute?

No - what do you want to write about?
Quote by blue_strat
No - what do you want to write about?

I noticed that you have one person doing comics or something like that. I'm a bit of an artist, so if you're going to have a section for comics, I'd love to submit a piece.
Quote by Jon777
I noticed that you have one person doing comics or something like that. I'm a bit of an artist, so if you're going to have a section for comics, I'd love to submit a piece.

Excellent, send it to amplified.editor@gmail.com when you're done.
Do we need to come to you now and declare an interest if we want to have anything to do with this project, or say if in a few weeks I had a whim for something to contribute could I just try and be involved then?
Quote by blue_strat
Everyone involved should head to the group!
You still need to invite me to join because I can't contribute (post) unless you do.

Would you like me to send my piece?
Riffs and licks please.

Edit: I'll Guitar Pro something later.
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at May 1, 2011,
Quote by AngryGoldfish
You still need to invite me to join because I can't contribute (post) unless you do.

Sorry, I thought I invited you when I added you to the OP list. You've got an invite now.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Would you like me to send my piece?

Yes, please
Quote by Fivebretz
Do we need to come to you now and declare an interest if we want to have anything to do with this project, or say if in a few weeks I had a whim for something to contribute could I just try and be involved then?

If you want to be part of the first issue, you need to sign up and submit your piece by Friday.

You can join the second issue when we start on it, and so on.
Quote by Saint78
Riffs and licks please.

Edit: I'll Guitar Pro something later.

You're signed up - check out the group.
I'd be interested in writing about cars, or anything vehicle-related. Are there any set rules for writing, or can we choose our own? For example, would I be able to do a review one day, and then make a list, e.g. 'What to Avoid At Highway Rest Stops', etc.? I'm free to write whenever, so deadlines shouldn't be an issue for me.

EDIT: Alternatively, I'd also like to write a relationship advice column. Having been in a two-year long, successful and happy relationship, I often find it easy to lend advice to others in what to do, how to feel, 'how should I ask her out?' and other general relationship struggles. People could PM me their questions or whatnot, and I'd be able to give a more precise, longer and more explanatory answer as opposed to the quick answers given in the Relationship Thread.

NOTE: (I'm not saying their advice is in any way bad, by the way, I just like helping people out and get satisfaction from doing so. I'd also feel more of an incentive to answer a question if I knew it'd be published in something.)
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at May 1, 2011,
Holy shit this is badass. I might try and contribute in a few months if there's any open spots.
The amount of interest in creating this is awesome!
Can't wait to see the result!
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I'd be interested in writing about cars, or anything vehicle-related. Are there any set rules for writing, or can we choose our own? For example, would I be able to do a review one day, and then make a list, e.g. 'What to Avoid At Highway Rest Stops', etc.? I'm free to write whenever, so deadlines shouldn't be an issue for me.

EDIT: Alternatively, I'd also like to write a relationship advice column. Having been in a two-year long, successful and happy relationship, I often find it easy to lend advice to others in what to do, how to feel, 'how should I ask her out?' and other general relationship struggles. People could PM me their questions or whatnot, and I'd be able to give a more precise, longer and more explanatory answer as opposed to the quick answers given in the Relationship Thread.

NOTE: (I'm not saying their advice is in any way bad, by the way, I just like helping people out and get satisfaction from doing so. I'd also feel more of an incentive to answer a question if I knew it'd be published in something.)

Fantastic. I'm afraid the text will be boring old black or white though

The only rules are those in the OP:
Your piece needs to be clear and accessible. You should present both sides of any argument around your issue, but you're free to draw your own conclusion.

If you discuss a new technology or suchlike, examine the possibilities of it rather than just listing its specs.

If you plan to do a review, contextualise the piece you're reviewing and suggest further viewing/reading.
Quote by due 07
Holy shit this is badass. I might try and contribute in a few months if there's any open spots.

If you submit a piece for an issue and it turns out we can't fit it in, you'll be asked for permission to keep it for the next issue.
Quote by blue_strat
Fantastic. I'm afraid the text will be boring old black or white though

Haha, I don't mind.

Would I be able to write for both of my 'sections', by the way? I seriously have nothing but time on my hands, and I'd love to be able to contribute as much as possible.
Sure - some people are already writing for several sections.

You might not get all your pieces into one issue, though - from the reader's point of view, we have to put some limits in place.
I'd love to get involved - I'd be cool to write anything based around music/guitar, especially up for doing a beginners guide to recording.

Some ideas I had:
'How To Maintain Your Guitar' - include stuff like set-ups, cleaning, string changing, intonation fix etc.

'How To Record Electric Guitar' - what people need, how to do it, DAW tutorials etc.

'MiM vs MiA Fenders- Does It Really Matter?'

Let me know if any of those would be good! I have exams at the moment so the end of may is the first point where I could submit something. I could probably come up with something decet every couple of weeks after.

Cheers!

EDIT: just realised that those topic sound really dull, I would put a light-hearted spin on them to make them entertaining
Last edited by demon.guitarist at May 2, 2011,
Captaincrunk's got synth lessons?

Ahh, shit. Well, let's see, I've got some serious theoretical knowledge. Could possibly do a bit on jazz guitar, although I'm nowhere near as good at jazz as I used to be (haven't played it as much as I used to, although I've been picking it back up recently).

I could do a bit about creative chord progressions in songwriting, as I'm more than a bit obsessed with that. Not just progressions, but voicings, too, as that can be integral. I could write something up on using drone strings/pedal notes in progressions without any trouble, as I'm quite fond of those, particularly in the higher strings (the progression to "Fake Plastic Trees" by Radiohead being one of my favorite examples).

I dunno, I could do a lot of stuff, especially in music theory.
The creative chord progressions idea sounds good. Colohue is starting a theory series with the major scale, so a songwriting techniques series would be cool.
I might add that I'm far from a prolific songwriter, as I have awful and nearly chronic writer's block.

I'd like to think of it more as an "applied theory" series.
Quote by Holy Katana
I might add that I'm far from a prolific songwriter, as I have awful and nearly chronic writer's block.

I'd like to think of it more as an "applied theory" series.

Why not just make it a stylistic examination?
Okay, since I have AP and SAT testing coming up on Friday and Saturday respectively, I may not have time to submit a comic for this month's issue. In the very least, it would only be in sketch form -- looks like you'll only have Tupu's piece as far as comics go.

To be honest, Friday is a bit of a short deadline considering this project was started up... what? 4 days ago? Just an observation.
Wow, wish I had seen this sooner. I'll definitely work on something for this Friday. Good timing, I've been tossing around an idea for a short story today.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
Email sent with article.

Thanks, you should be contacted with the first edit shortly.
Quote by Jon777
To be honest, Friday is a bit of a short deadline considering this project was started up... what? 4 days ago? Just an observation.

Just keeping up momentum

If you can get something in this week, that would be great, or you can submit for the second issue after Sunday.
Quote by jwizzle5786
Wow, wish I had seen this sooner. I'll definitely work on something for this Friday. Good timing, I've been tossing around an idea for a short story today.

You've got an invite.