Page 5 of 11

We've had a thumbs up from the admin, and will get front page coverage.

Still accepting writers!
Just seen this, I'm gonna brainstorm some ideas for a short story or a couple of decent blogs so I contribute in the future if that's cool?

Bit busy with deadlines atm but in a couple of weeks I'll need a creative outlet I've had writer's block for a bit too long.

RMF

I was much further out than you thought
And not waving but drowning.
I was much too far out all my life
And not waving but drowning.
Quote by blue_strat
*greenlit*

Awesome!

I'll get to the piece you sent me later today, after my two finals :X

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
Awesome!

I'll get to the piece you sent me later today, after my two finals :X

Thanks - good luck!

Quote by blue_strat
Thanks - good luck!

Gotta write up on the Canadian election so, tomorrow mang.
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I'm buzzin' about this!

I know it's only early stages but for next months issue, can we write about something else, like write poetry or something? Can we switch roles in other words?

I know I'm not the best writer on this website by a long shot, but I feel cool writing for UG even just for the lolz.
Quote by Zombee
Gotta write up on the Canadian election so, tomorrow mang.

I look forward to it
Quote by Colohue
Are you handling the front page article yourself or would you like some assistance?

I'll take care of it.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I know it's only early stages but for next months issue, can we write about something else, like write poetry or something? Can we switch roles in other words?

You can submit for any section in any issue. Just be aware that multiple submissions in the same issue may not all get in.
Alright, sent my article. After this Friday my semester's over with, so I can devote a lot of time to the graphic design portion of the magazine.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Alright, sent my article. After this Friday my semester's over with, so I can devote a lot of time to the graphic design portion of the magazine.

Is this a second article or the bass lick you sent yesterday?
Quote by GreenDayChris
Could I possibly do a tribute to Poly Styrene?

That's a good idea, you've got an invite.

We wouldn't want to establish an obituaries section, but when a musician of note dies it would be good to give a tribute.
Quote by blue_strat
That's a good idea, you've got an invite.

We wouldn't want to establish an obituaries section, but when a musician of note dies it would be good to give a tribute.

Cheers, just to clarify - when is the deadline for submission?
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I'm buzzin' about this!

I know I'm not the best writer on this website by a long shot, but I feel cool writing for UG even just for the lolz.

Technically, you're not writing for UG, but for Amplified.

There are still plenty of ways you could write for UG though, and if you're interested then it's definitely something you should consider.
Quote by Colohue
Technically, you're not writing for UG, but for Amplified.

There are still plenty of ways you could write for UG though, and if you're interested then it's definitely something you should consider.
I hope you're joking.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I hope you're joking.

It's a community publication. We aren't representing UG, we just have their support.
I would submit a cover art but I have 2 requests to finish plus a project I'm working on my own. Since the 2 requests are for 2 people here on UG maybe I could ask if their requests could be featured on some sort of art page or something?
^^ Hahah, I'm just kidding.. or am I?

Don't click this.
Quote by blue_strat
It's a community publication. We aren't representing UG, we just have their support.
You obviously didn't get it, either.

I didn't say we're writing for UG as if we're writing for Empire or Vogue. I was saying we're writing for UG as a community, for the forum, for us.

When I think of UG I don't think of one Russian owning a guitar tablature website. I think of you and I - the members.
Okay, after thinking for a while what I should do, I had an idea that is easily expandable, so I might be able to continue it.

The thing is, it will use existing bands and their members, or their caricatures. Is this okay?
Fight the evolution, play large intervals!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
You obviously didn't get it, either.

I didn't say we're writing for UG as if we're writing for Empire or Vogue. I was saying we're writing for UG as a community, for the forum, for us.

When I think of UG I don't think of one Russian owning a guitar tablature website. I think of you and I - the members.

UG is a company. The admin haven't let us use the UG logo as their lawyers advised against it.

So yeah, there is a distinction between UG and its community.
Quote by Tupu
Okay, after thinking for a while what I should do, I had an idea that is easily expandable, so I might be able to continue it.

The thing is, it will use existing bands and their members, or their caricatures. Is this okay?

Parody and satire are fine.
The distinction is obvious. 99% of the users don't even know who runs the website and how it works, so when we say UG, logically we would be refering to ourselves, not the UG adminstrators and owners.

Still, it doesn't matter, I was just shocked to see someone post something like that.
Just read through this thread, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys have gotten together. Maybe it's just me, but it feels like the Pit has really slowed down in the last year or so as far as projects, competitions, etc. It's cool to see things being created as a community again -- there are a lot of interesting people here. It's a shame that the community page was put to an end, but hopefully this works out in the long run. When does the first issue come out? I think I read Monday, is that right?

Oh, by the way, would you like me to change the thread title for you?
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by JayT44
When does the first issue come out? I think I read Monday, is that right?

We'll be publishing in the Pit on the Sunday, and it'll be put on the front page on Monday.
Quote by JayT44
Oh, by the way, would you like me to change the thread title for you?

That'd be grand
Quote by AngryGoldfish
The distinction is obvious. 99% of the users don't even know who runs the website and how it works, so when we say UG, logically we would be refering to ourselves, not the UG adminstrators and owners.

Still, it doesn't matter, I was just shocked to see someone post something like that.

A lot of the legal issues I deal with involve the difference between 'UG' and 'UG Community'. There is a reason I'm that pedantic.

Saying 'UG' means the Russians.

Saying 'UG Community' means everybody outside the Office, including Carmel and the mod team.

I know it's implied, but when you're working on a project like this, clarity is in everybody's best interests.
I'll note that for the future, then.

UG Community = us
UG = the other guyz.

I'm being serious, by the way, even though I'm saying it in a joking manner. Which is how I usually am.
So, what size should the comic be? I was thinking of drawing it onto a A4, and editors can scale it how they want. Also, it will most likely be 5 to 6 pictures, with a bunch of text.

EDIT: Doing some sketches now, and will hopefully finish drawing and inking it tomorrow. Then I will scan it the day after tomorrow, or asap...
Last edited by Tupu at May 3, 2011,
Quote by Tupu
So, what size should the comic be? I was thinking of drawing it onto a A4, and editors can scale it how they want. Also, it will most likely be 5 to 6 pictures, with a bunch of text.

Sounds good.

Less than half a page would be ideal; I'm thinking of putting it under the credits on page 2.
Okay. Back to sketches....
If you've got a good one that's bigger than that, send it in and we'll have a look at it.
Alright, I've finished drafting my article, ready to be proof-read and polished tomorrow. It's an 'Ask Love Doctor Levi' or whatever column, where I'll be answering questions I've been sent about dating, love, etc. in a factual, but also humorous manner. It'll give real advice, and hopefully some laughs at the same time. I've had a couple of questions already, which I've almost finished answering.

I'll send it in when I've finished sometime either tomorrow or Friday. I'm assuming I'm not writing anything for the first issue, as I haven't received an invite to the group yet.
Quote by boreamor
I would like to take part in this. Is there a list of things that people are talking about so I can choose something else?

Great, you've got an invite.

Have a look at the OP. Writers who have chosen a subject have that subject after their name in brackets.
I'd like to do something on the EU. Quite a big topic, but I'll start with the controversy on Schengen and see how it goes from there.
We all know the things that guitarist hate thread right?

Would it be fine if i did an article with like, 10 or something, wrapped in a little story?
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H