what is it called when you play a lead/rhythm style like amon amarth? playing heavy notes and skipping strings to play high notes, makes you sound like two guitars. look up guardians of asgaard by amon amarth if you don't know what im talking about, skip to about 2:11 for the best example of it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD5tU-5NXd4
"Bad"

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's going to be using a pedal note in the bass and then string skipping (if a string is indeed skipped). That's about it, I wouldn't say there is an all-encompassing name for it, but then, us here in MT are useless so I'd ask in the Pit

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Quote by Myshadow46_2
"Bad"

Sorry, couldn't resist. It's going to be using a pedal note in the bass and then string skipping (if a string is indeed skipped). That's about it, I wouldn't say there is an all-encompassing name for it, but then, us here in MT are useless so I'd ask in the Pit

Sorry, couldn't resist.

ಠ_ಠ
yeah, generally they pedal a low note, I sometimes call it open string licks and quite a few people understand what I mean. I think its also called the... dont kill me, I cant spell or remember it exact, a Goethenburg lick? It originated with In Flames, At the Gates, and Dark Tranquility
Schecter C-1 Classic in Seethru blue <333
Schecter Damien FR
Roland AC-60 acoustic amp
Boss GE-7 EQ
Line6 Ubermetal Distortion
Sigma Dx Acoustic