Just as the title says, but im not looking for the vintage models. I'm looking for a specific one. Mosrite 66 Reissue Mark I! or another modern version of that guitar.
So can anyone help me out?
You can check the usual suspects: E-bay; Craig's List, etc., for a used one. If you want a new one, well...I'm afraid the only licensed dealer in the U.S.A. for new Mosrites that I know of is Ed Roman in Las Vegas. While I've never met the man, a number of people on these forums hold strongly negative opinions of him.

If you want a true Vintage Mosrite, check vintage dealers like Grhn Guitars and Elderly Instruments online.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Here's the lowdown...

1. Ed isn't the only dealer for Mosrite reissues in America

2. The second dealer is Front Porch Music in Bakersfield, California. The store owner, Artie, Is a big Mosrite collector too. http://www.frontporchmusic.net/music-store/electric/mosrite/

3. You could, alternatively, Buy a Hallmark 60 Custom or 59 Custom. They're not copies, They are remakes of the originals. The scale length in a quarter inch longer and the necks are wider though I'm not sure how much.

By the way, I don't know if you knew this but Mosrite guitars from the 60s are known for their thin necks. My Ventures II (GC) Model's neck width is close to 1.550 at the zero fret and my Tele is 1.650 at the nut. And the neck thickness is .850 or so from the back of the neck to the top of the fretboard. I don't recall how thick my Tele's neck is. .900, perhaps?

Yes, I do use the searchbar to see when new Mosrite topics pop up.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Apr 28, 2011,
Also, If you were going the vintage route then watch out for the Japanese Mosrites from the 60s and 70s. They aren't official. They usually say "Avenger" On the headstock and can easily be spotted if the neck plate is rectangular. Official Mosrites have a strangely shaped neck plate or ferrules, depending on the model and/or year.
Always tin your strings.

_____

eastwood also makes copies of mosrites in a few different models, and for much cheaper. and i have yet to hear anything bad about the company

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
Quote by distortion896
eastwood also makes copies of mosrites in a few different models, and for much cheaper. and i have yet to hear anything bad about the company

http://www.eastwoodguitars.com/

Sadly, Their Mosrite copies are just "Mosrite influenced". The tone is not close nor is the playability to a Ventures I. (I played one)
Always tin your strings.

_____

gargoyle, last time I was in front porch music I think I remember them saying they didn't sell any of their Mosrites, either those or their G&L's

They have a nice collection though and the guys in there are really cool
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Last edited by SKArface McDank at May 1, 2011,
I know Front Porch Music doesn't sell any of the vintage guitars they have (That are seen all over the store) That might be what you heard. They do have reissues for sale.
Always tin your strings.

_____