I apologize if this is in the wrong section, but just wanted to get a "show of hands" of people who use earplugs when playing at home or practicing.

I've had my 6505+ for a month or so now, and while I try to keep the volume under "2," the tone starts to get really sweet at around "3" or higher. Needless to say, I tend to subconciously go over and turn it up to 3. And when I'm done playing, my ears feel kind of "cottony." So I was wondering how many people use plugs....

I'd like to continue hearing into my old age...
When I play in my room at home I don't use earplugs, if I don't really crank my amp.

At band practice or when jamming with other people I use earplugs.
Basically, when you start to hear the high frequencies get muddy or distorted and you start to feel discomfort - plug them right in!
When I play with my band I use earplugs so the perseptive loudness of the band is around that of a human voice during a calm conversation.
I'd suggest you to always use those when you play out of "bedroom" volumes or you'll end up like Pete Townshend :/
Always use earplugs when playing loud. I've been gigging a lot in the past, and I tell you it is absolutely essential to protect your ears if you play loud a lot.
WTLTL 2011
I use them gigging.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
I try - although I have trouble getting any to fit and stay in place - and I have tried most brands from cheap disposables to relatively expensive db-cutting models and they all tend to fall out at some point.

During rehearsals I tend to leave my iPod's headphones in (obviously without the music playing... although if our "singer" deteriorates further it may be a pleasant distraction).
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I always wear plugs.

Everybody should.

Unless you're Beethoven, being a deaf musician is a bit counterproductive..
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
I always wear plugs.

Everybody should.

Unless you're Beethoven, being a deaf musician is a bit counterproductive..

Was beethoven 100% deaf? Partially deaf people also need earplugs...even though they may not hear it very loud, it could still be loud enough to further damage the ear.

Get some custom made if you can't find one that fits. I use a 25 euro pair with adjustable attenuation, works like a charm.
WTLTL 2011
Beethoven? Deaf as post.
Quote by Slap-happy
Beethoven? Deaf as post.

Lost cause then. Set volumes to 11 and rock away beethoven
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Lost cause then. Set volumes to 11 and rock away beethoven

EPIC

Also, what I do is set tone to my liking, then for extended playing hit up earplugs

Also... TAKE THEM TO CONCERTS!!!
Ibanez RG5EX1
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey XXX-->Avatar 4X12(2 V30's 2 G12H30's)

BARE KNUCKLE PUPS RULE!
Quote by gumbilicious
thanks for making an old dude feel like his advice is actually taken into consideration
Quote by Metalmaker
Also... TAKE THEM TO CONCERTS!!!

This.

I wear earplugs at every concert I attend.

Anybody who wants to make fun of me for being lame can come contact my wife in 20 years when they develop tinnitus and need an audiologist referral.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This.

I wear earplugs at every concert I attend.

Anybody who wants to make fun of me for being lame can come contact my wife in 20 years when they develop tinnitus and need an audiologist referral.

Know of any in Australia? Just thinking ahead....

In all seriousness though, I have abused the shit out of my ears for the last 20+ years and the last Audiologist I saw (middle of last year) was amazed that I can hear as well as I can still - which is to say better than average for a bloke in his mid-30s. I shouldn't expect it to last if I carry on as I do, though. So I am taking concerted steps to preserve what I have.

In fact the main problem I have is being bloody tall. My ears are further away from amp speakers and I am accused of being deaf by the "average ones" when in crowded environments of noise. When will the stupid learn that sound is directional...?