i got a g&l legacy which has single coil pickups...i know there is a problem with all single coil because they hum...but i have a show coming up and need to figure out a way to quite them...any suggestions.
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
it's not a ****in' problem really. specially not once you play but if you're just gonna stand with it on full blown volume and look cool you might wanna think again.
Schecter C1 Classic
Fender Vintage -57 Ri Stratocaster
Fender Blues JR w/ 12"Cannabis Rex
Mad Professor Sky Blue OD
Wampler Ego Compressor
TC Electronics Stereo Chorus/Flanger
so just turn the volume knob down
Who's your daddy... well not me cuz ur momas ugly

These things are sex transport vehichles woot

This man just got a station wagon.
I agree with using your volume pedal to just mute it if you're just gonna sit around not playing for long periods of time, but if it bothers you that much, try throwing a noise gate into your chain and possibly adding some better shielding to your electronics.
"Words"
Just As I Am

MD PRS Style Semi-Hollow
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Mesa Dual Rectifier
2x12 Celestion 30's
Kustom 200
8x10 EMC's
A noise supressor pedal. Or take these single coils out and put single coil-sized humbuckers in their place
I have no sig
Quote by datgnat
I agree with using your volume pedal to just mute it if you're just gonna sit around not playing for long periods of time

Or he could just tune the volume knob on his guitar to zero if he's not playing.

TS; this is not nearly the problem you think it is. Ask yourself this; Can you hear the hum while you are playing? If nothing is broken, the answer should be no. As long as you're playing you, and by association your audience, will not be able to hear the humming, and therefore you shouldn't care, and your audience won't.

Just turn your guitar's volume knob to off if it bothers you while you're not playing. Or, you know what, just use the 2 & 4 Positions; they're hum canceling.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Get some noise cancelling pickups.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!