Over the last few Months or so ive been working on a guitar stand in my Wood Work class at high school. And to be quite honest, im pretty proud of her...

Obviously she isnt as impressive as some of the guitars and stuff some of you guys can make but its something different which you dont see much on these forums (i think )

If this is in the wrong forum or anything please just let me know, ive been lurking a while but this is my first real thread .

Dan
Man that's cool!
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
I love how his last name is Hunt
It's like he was destined to be a shady sexual creep
It's beautiful.Wish I had something like that.
Gear:
Ibanez RGT6EX
Line 6 Spider 3 15
Hobner 265

Quote by Lost Dog
People absolutely love to see horrible accidents and murders, as well as any sort of fighting really. Just look at the news. We wouldn't watch it if it was boring.
That looks a lot better then the one I made in high school shop class. Mine is now used by my old bass players dad as a rack for his fishing poles...
man that looks quality. Great work!
"For we are nothing without brotherhood and brotherhood is nothing without our brothers" -We Came As Romans
Better than alot of stuff we see comign out of our school.

Does the underside of the guitar rest on the wood? Might be an idea to put a tastefull looking carpet scrap there? To protect the bottom side?

But nice job

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Thanks for all the comments guys

Quote by IYanoplathizoI
Better than alot of stuff we see comign out of our school.

Does the underside of the guitar rest on the wood? Might be an idea to put a tastefull looking carpet scrap there? To protect the bottom side?

But nice job

Nah, theres another padded rail for it to sit on, you just cant see it very well in that picture. but thanks for the idea.
Dude that looks nice. Its cool to see something other than an amp or guitar being built every once in a while.
Great looking stand.... It gives me and idea!
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
Quote by sheldonpardy
Great looking stand.... It gives me and idea!

Whats this idea then? Youve got me interested now
Beautiful!

May I ask what kind of guitar that is? I can't read the headstock.
Quote by daanbread
Whats this idea then? Youve got me interested now

I've been thinking of building some sort of multi guitar stand so I don't have to keep all my guitars in their cases and this one looks perfect! I just might have to copy your design I might just have to modify it a little to fit a couple of acoustics.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
Last edited by sheldonpardy at Apr 28, 2011,
Any chance of you sharing the plans?
Just call me Julius, J, etc.
Taking an Internet break for a while, will come on when I can.
Quote by baf250
Beautiful!

May I ask what kind of guitar that is? I can't read the headstock.

Its a westfield les paul copy, im not sure what model number it is though. Shes named "Lesley" though

Ive got a lot of CAD and Drawings in my Tech folder but thats been sent away for marking im afraid, but ill have a look what i can find on my school documents as soon as possible, but most of the joints are just channels routed out and then the two sections of wood are glued and screwed together. If that makes any sense
Quote by daanbread
Its a westfield les paul copy, im not sure what model number it is though. Shes named "Lesley" though

Ive got a lot of CAD and Drawings in my Tech folder but thats been sent away for marking im afraid, but ill have a look what i can find on my school documents as soon as possible, but most of the joints are just channels routed out and then the two sections of wood are glued and screwed together. If that makes any sense

I think I get ya . If you can find those CAD drawings that will certainly help with some dimensions. What type of wood did you use?
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
74' Vibro Champ
That looks great, i'm itching to build one of these now. Is the black edge of the wood where it holds the neck padding or just decorative?
Quote by sheldonpardy
I think I get ya . If you can find those CAD drawings that will certainly help with some dimensions. What type of wood did you use?

I used 12mm ply for everything except the back, i used 6mm for the back and the Rails are 18mm Pine dowels i think.

If i can remember correctly its 960mm high, 540mm wide and 440mm deep. But dont hold me too that

The black strip is padding but i think it looks quite nice as well
Last edited by daanbread at Apr 28, 2011,
This stand
I enjoy looking at it.

I would've put a rotating holder where the neck goes right on the padding.
Obviously Fassa.
that looks like a cozy place for a guitar
HILT!

Where's Waldo?