I have a Peavey VTM60 and a Blackstar HT-5. Could I run the preamp of the VTM into the ht5 poweramp without destroying anything? I would run the fx loop send of the VTM to the loop return on the ht5. Why? You might ask. I'm just curious how the VTM pre will sound with the ht5's smaller output.

I hope that's clear. Any information would be cool.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
You would need to have the OT running it's load into speakers or a loadbox or else something is gonna blow.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Both amps will be connected to cabs, but only the ht5's cab will get the signal from what I understand.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Cool, I thought it would be fine but running a 60 watt amp into a 5 seemed like a bad idea. Thanks for the quick answers.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Well you're not really running 60 watts into the amp if your running the VTM's pre into the HT-5's power. You're only running the preamp signal (which is somewhere around 1.5 watts or something I think?)
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well you're not really running 60 watts into the amp if your running the VTM's pre into the HT-5's power. You're only running the preamp signal (which is somewhere around 1.5 watts or something I think?)

I realized it wasn't the whole 60watts but its preamp is running 4 12ax7s instead of 1 which concerned me. Regardless, I just tried it and nothing blew up so that's good. I ended up using the VTMs line out instead, the loop was being wonky. I just need a dummy load now and I should be set.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It'll work fine, although for most you won't notice a huge difference. I did it with my 6262 and picovalve
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Just be shure to select the right line level. Other than that there should be no problem.
I have a quick follow up question though.
As far as I know, the emulated output is located right behind the fx return? So could I run a preamp into my Blackstar and then use he Blackstar as an emulated output/cab simulation? Would be the cheapest solution for me if it could work.
Not sure why you'd want to do this.

It's not like you can get power tube distortion from the HT-5 so you'd might as well just run the Peavey with the master down.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by swedish_chef
Just be shure to select the right line level. Other than that there should be no problem.
I have a quick follow up question though.
As far as I know, the emulated output is located right behind the fx return? So could I run a preamp into my Blackstar and then use he Blackstar as an emulated output/cab simulation? Would be the cheapest solution for me if it could work.

For recording? You could just run your preamp into your interface or soundcard and hit it with an impulse in your recording program (which simulates a mic'd cab).

You could use any preamp or even the blackstar's preamp section for this.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Not sure why you'd want to do this.

It's not like you can get power tube distortion from the HT-5 so you'd might as well just run the Peavey with the master down.

The VTM sounds awful at low volumes, through the ht5 I can get a better sound at more reasonable volumes.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers