this has been an on going problem for at least 2 months now. I now have so many picks ive ordered because i cant find the right pick! if you want to know what i play i play megadeth-metallica, kind stuff mostly, along with some gilbert etc... But i ordered every type of Jazz 3 i even went to V picks and bought a dimension from them. Still not the perfect pick. Im trying to work hard on my technique but i cant do that while im typing this paragraph or fiddling with pick to get the exact i angle i want everytime.

Also, when i get that angle i want, boom it either tilts or my thumb creeps up to the tip...seriously this is gone to far.

I need some serious advice. BTW ways to grip the pick is also accepted, i hold it like gilbert on the side of my finger with my thumb on top, open hand technique.

Also my thumb goes over the picks edge, i dont have the end of my thumb on the pick its off of the pick hanging.
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
TS 808 modded tubescreamer
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble
ISP Decimator
1998 Marshall JCM2000 DSL 100
I take a knife and cut an "X" in every JazzIII I use to get a better grip. I had the problem where I would have some tremolo picking then change to a chuggy riff with some pinch harms thrown in and the pick would launch straight up into my mic and this fixed it.
ESP Eclipse Standard Series W/ PRS Santana II Pickups
PRS SE Soapbar II
Peavey 5150 120w Head
Avatar 412 Traditional Cab(v30's+G12H30's)
Malekko, Rocktron, T-Rex and MXR/Dunlop pedals
maybe just personal opinion, but I'd spend less time worrying about the "perfect" pick angle or way to hold the pick or whatever, and just spend more time playing with whichever one you hate the least right now... it's so much personal preference anyways that people on here aren't going to be able to tell you the perfect pick for you...

I'm pretty sure that the difference in playing ease you get from the "perfect" pick, to a "pretty good" pick is going to be minimal... so just practice with what you've got, and practice a lot!
Gear:
2003 Fender Standard Strat w/ Texas Specials
2010 EBMM BFR JP6
2012 Babicz Identity Dreadnaught
2015 Gibson Les Paul Traditional SR
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey XXX 112
Fender Blues Jr
^

i agree with that guy...its more preferance than anything...JazzIII picks or whatever they're called are pretty good...and generally i use a thicker pick to get a more mellow, yet pronounced sound to my playing
Rig:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top
Amp- Blackstar HT-60 Soloist
Digitech Rp355

I look like this-
yes i know its a preference thing, but im also trying to figure out if it might be the way im holding it. i have my index finger curled. i dont think the way i hold it is bad though. i guess i just have to keep trying?
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Snarling dog brain Picks in 1.14mm.

They're gripped to f*ck so they won't slip.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
^ holy shit man those picks look interesting i might have to try those out O.o
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator
Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
^ holy shit man those picks look interesting i might have to try those out O.o

i been using them for about 4 years. everyone i recommend them to is still using them

those, plus a little practice, and your pick slipping days will be over.
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
did you get the dimension unbuffed?

completely different pick the regular dimension.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
@ acoustic mirror yes i got the regular dimension unbuffed regular size not junior because i like the gripping of the acrylic on my hands
GEARZ

Schecter Hellraiser
MXR six band EQ
boss DD-3 digital delay
ISP Decimator